The Project Staff Associate (Educational Workforce Specialist) is a full-time position funded by the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) to the University at Buffalo to synergize, enhance and develop a diverse and inclusive clinical and translational workforce. The Education Workforce Specialist will coordinate and develop all educational activities for staff, students, postdoctoral fellows, junior and senior faculty.
The Education Workforce Specialist will assume an active role in the integration of education, diversity and inclusion initiatives within the CTSA hub by working with the workforce development and diversity leadership along the workforce pipeline. The Education Workforce Specialist work is directed by the CTSA Workforce Development Core Director, who is also the Program Lead for the CTSI K Scholars Mentored Career Development Award Program, and collaborate closely with the Chief Operating Officer and other senior leaders in the Clinical and Translational Science Institute .
The Education Workforce Specialist will:
- Assume an active role in the integration of education, diversity and inclusion initiatives within the CTSA hub by working with the workforce development and diversity leadership along the workforce pipeline.
- Coordinating and developing all the educational programs for the CTSA hub that supports individualized and group instruction, i.e., micro-credential programs, CTSA-specific on line training modules, seminars and workshops, outreach training modules and new courses when appropriate.
- Work closely with the designated faculty leaders to coordinate the 10 CTSI core competency workshop series offered throughout the academic year.
- Assist with the organizing the CTSI Distinguished Seminar Series featuring world-renowned experts in clinical and translational research.
- Oversee the different micro-credentialing opportunities offered by the WFD Core
- Make occasional trips related to CTSI activities
- Participate in CTSI staff meetings and other meetings/events relevant to position
- Assist with preparation of progress report and grant submissions as needed
- Anticipate what needs to be done and initiate action towards that goal.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.