Procurement Analyst (004723), International House, 27519
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 08 21 2019
International House is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, self-supporting residential and community-oriented
program center located in the southeast foothills of the Berkeley Campus. Since its founding in
1930 with a gift from John D. Rockefeller, Jr., it has housed more than 90,000 residents including
two Governors of California and eight Nobel Prize laureates. Its mission is to foster intercultural
respect and understanding among people throughout the world across cultural, economic, and
ethnic lines. I-House provides nearly 1,100 students and scholars from the United States and
around the world with an opportunity to live and learn together. I-House's rich array of programs
serves the residents, the campus and local community.
- Under the direction of the Director of Business and Finance, the Procurement Analyst is responsible for the purchasing of electronic and communication equipment, furniture, tools, maintenance and custodial supplies, office supplies and resident store supplies.
- Participate in purchasing and bidding for vendors.
- Research information on pricing, check on department's request for completeness, and consistency with purchasing policies.
- Collaborate with I-House Accounting Office to execute payment of invoices. Order products online for tax exempt purposes from various vendors.
- Utilize purchasing software as need by the accounting software; re-train as needed for purchasing transaction and recordkeeping.
- Create and provide Purchase Orders for vendors as needed.
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable to reconcile Purchase Order status on a monthly basis.
- Prepare status reports for all Physical Operations accounts.
- Match invoices with Purchase Orders and receiving records.
- Maintain all purchasing files, records, correspondences and vendor information.
- Coordinate and forecast year-end liens with accounting staff.
- 3-5 years of accounting/purchasing experience or certification in the trade
- Knowledge in Fundamental Accounting principles
- BA in Business Administration or Accounting desired
- StarRez Student Housing Database
- Financial Edge requisition / purchase order software
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range: $21.43 - $30.49 hourly (commensurate with experience)
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27519&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1