Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Executive Director of Foundation & Resource Development
Executive Director of Foundation & Resource Development
Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Lee College is seeking a visionary leader that will be responsible for the proactive identification, solicitation, and stewardship of foundation, government, and other institutional funders. The Executive Director will serve as a key team member and an active participant in establishing the infrastructure and overall planning, development, and management of the College's relationships with individual donors and organizations, as well as leaders and community influencers. In collaboration with college and Foundation Board leadership, the Executive Director will plan, organize, and implement programs to continue and expand the success of resource development initiatives, including, but not limited to, the Lee College Foundation, donor relations, alumni development, annual campaigns, major and planned gifts, foundation and corporate gifts, federal funding, and stewardship. Leading candidates will be excellent communicators who are skilled in planning, management, and staff development.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the operations of the Resource Development department, as well as the Lee College Foundation.
- Establish and administer policies and procedures that maintain the highest level of stewardship in overseeing the acceptance and expenditure of donations to the Resource Development department and the Lee College Foundation.
- Participate in/facilitate the development of goals and objectives for the department and the Foundation by advising and making recommendations to the President and Foundation Board of Directors.
- Coordinate Resource Development and Foundation activities with college staff to ensure efforts and projects are concentrated in areas of greatest need and interests.
- Oversee all financial responsibilities and fiduciary management of Foundation assets to include oversight of all investments. Manage the budget of the Foundation. Prepare financials reports as necessary.
- Oversee scholarship distribution and emergency assistance programs.
- Facilitate the recruitment and orientation of new Foundation Board members, using coaching and mentoring skills to develop fundraising and donor relationship skill sets among existing and new Board members.
- Identify and develop corporate and college partnerships for major grant initiatives and campaigns.
- Monitor institutional grant submissions, awards, and compliance. Assist when necessary.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage staff and multiple responsibilities and projects, including capital campaigns, an annual fund, major gifts, alumni relations, federal and state grants, a comprehensive program of estate and planned gifts, corporate and foundation fundraising, and the management of volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in business, finance, accounting, fundraising, non-profit management, or a related field
- Eight (8) years of related work experience
- Five (5) years of experience in managerial and leadership roles
- Advanced knowledge of fundraising principals and practices
- Able to provide leadership for fundraising efforts and oversee the progressive growth of a well-established grant program, a major donor development program, the alumni program, and the Lee College Foundation
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ideal candidate brings proven success in meeting fundraising goals, including demonstrated experience with donor solicitation and cultivation, caseload management, and securing major gifts
- The candidate must be up-to-date on latest trends in fundraising, donor relationships, and non-profits
- In-depth understanding of budgets and financial records associated with a Foundation and a comprehensive advancement program
- The ability and confidence to develop and cultivate relationships with established and prospective donors; to oversee and direct activities and events for fundraising and other College initiatives
- Willing to have extensive personal community involvement to represent the College
- Ability to speak at various meetings, event, conferences, and to travel as needed
- Must be able to excel at being an effective advancement partner with the Board of Regents, President, faculty, staff, volunteers, funding sources, and others
- Excellent oral, written, persuasive/presentation, and interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Masters (or higher) degree
- Certified Fund Raising Executive Certification (CFRE)
- Accounting experience
- Experience with Blackbaud Raisers Edge or Financial Edge
- Familiar with the Baytown community and surrounding area
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work.
(Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6117
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |