Research/Technical/Laboratory Grant Writer/Technical Writer
University of Idaho
Sponsored Program Administrator
Division/College: University Research (Div)
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $50,000 or higher depending on experience and education.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position facilitates the submission of proposals for external funding by the University of Idaho. University faculty and staff create proposals to outside agencies to fund research, instruction and public service projects through the University. The Sponsored Programs Administrator position is responsible for providing leadership for research administration, supporting the research endeavors of the University faculty, ensuring the responsible stewardship of research funding, and overseeing the submission of proposals by reviewing those proposals to ensure compliance with federal, state, university and sponsor regulations and guidelines.
- Bachelors degree in business, communications, or a relevant field; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience in research administration or grant writing totaling four years.
- Experience serving as a liaison between internal and external entities and individuals in the coordination of activities and resolution of issues.
- Experience using standard word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
- Experience with analyzing information from a variety of sources, identifying problems, defining alternatives and developing recommendations.
- Masters degree or equivalent experience in a related field or research administration position.
- Knowledge of ethics and confidentiality principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the University of Idaho policies, regulations and administrative practices.
- Experience working independently and with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of University budgeting guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with interpreting, explaining and applying laws, regulations, and policies, of both sponsor and University.
- Knowledge of Federal regulations governing cost principals and research compliance for educational institutions.
- Knowledge of grant and contract administration processes and procedures, including those at the University of Idaho.
- Experience with electronic proposal submission systems (NSF, Grants.gov, NSPIRES, NOAA Grants Online, DOE IIPS, etc).
- Experience using the Banner database system, specifically the finance and human resource modules.
- Experience assisting internal customers with the translation of complicated policies, procedures, regulations and/or terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated experience with extrapolation in the use of a previous related solution, to resolve a separate unique problem.
- Demonstrated experience with managing multiple projects under tight deadlines and completing tasks with multiple interruptions and distractions.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively both orally and in writing with a variety of constituents.
- Demonstrated experience in making sound decisions by applying policies and procedures and using available resources.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and the public.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002520P
Posting Date: 07/07/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration of applicants will be reviewed August 4, 2020.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.