The Office of Institutional Analysis (OIA)
at the University at Buffalo seeks to hire a Business Intelligence Analyst
. The Analyst supports tactical and strategic planning by senior university officials and academic unit decision makers. This position focuses on the collection and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative information about the institution, its students, its faculty, its programs, its publics, its practices and its services. This work involves the analysis of complex institutional behaviors to deliver accurate, comprehensive, and trusted information products to support policy formulation, institutional reporting, and university assessment activities.
The OIA ultimately serves all offices and departments of the university as well as a wide range of external audiences. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President for Data Analytics. The ideal candidate will have a passion for discovering information hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve their institutional outcomes.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Strategic Planning and Campus Policy Support
- Project Conceptualization, Planning & Execution
- Analytics Development
- Database design
- Statistical Research
- Display Creation
- Professional Development
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The Office of Institutional Analysis serves a diverse constituency of publics and our employees, services and policies strive to honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
The Office of Institutional Analysis (OIA) has the primary institutional responsibility for the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative information on the institution, its students, its faculty, its programs, its publics, its practices and its services. The office provides analytic support for the planning, evaluation and policy initiatives of the provost and senior leadership and acts as the institution’s reporting agent.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with three years of relevant full-time experience in the collection and analysis of data to support data informed decision-making and ability to work in a diverse environment exhibiting understanding, appreciation, and respect for all individuals.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will qualify.
Master’s degree with at least one year of relevant full-time experience in the collection and analysis of data to support data informed decision-making such as institutional research, assessment, effectiveness, or data analysis experience.
- Capture, analysis, and presentation of information in support of institutional or departmental research efforts, and the rapid creation of ad-hoc queries utilizing modern desktop database tools to further support wide-ranging user inquiry.
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills; attention to detail, ability to work independently, as well as the ability to be productive and creative working with a diverse OIA team, and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with personnel from outside OIA and the ability to anticipate needs and to prioritize multiple tasks are critical.
- Experience with the dynamic manipulation of very large datasets, with a strong understanding of relational database concepts and possess previous experience mining, transforming, and analyzing such data to create actionable intelligence products, preferably in an environment supporting policy formulation, assessment, and/or institutional operations.