Temporary Student Accounts Representative
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for activities related to student billing and collections and cashiering functions in the Bursar & Cahier's Office to include data entry, reviewing, and analyzing student account information, reconciliations, and other duties.
- Post cash receipts and other transactions to student accounts
- Receive campus wide cash receipts for non-student transactions.
- Reconcile daily cash receipts by verifying cash, checks, credit card payments and preparing bank deposit
- Post cash receipts and journal entries to the Banner and or Workday Finance System
- Process daily payments received by the University for all accounts receivable invoices and miscellaneous billings, for non-student accounts
- Provide excellent customer service to students, parents and WPI faculty and staff via email, in person or telephone
- Process incoming mail including posting payments
- Monitor email inboxes and process requests
- Data entry for meal plan changes and purchases (CBORD)
- Prepare and coordinate payments for various vendors
- Assist Bursar's Office & Cashiering staff with various projects
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- High School diploma and additional related coursework and/or previous work related experience
- Proficient in MS Office Excel & Word
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with an integrated database systems preferred (knowledge of Ellucian Banner /WorkDay system helpful)
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Temporary-Student-Accounts-Representative_R0000140
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.