Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0622200 - Enterprise Networking
Monitor multi-campus networking components. Manage networking infrastructure on all campuses by working with a team of networking and system engineers to ensure maximum up-time. Manage knowledge transfer within Network team. Monitor network resources to identify trending and utilization statistics and provide recommendations for continuous improvement. Recommend and evaluate new technologies to allow ITS to meet University strategic goals.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Configure and support protocols including, but not limited to: SSH, VPN, HTTP, OSPF and 802.1 x
- Evaluate urgency and coordinate installation, upgrade, and maintenance of infrastructure as required
- Create and maintain documentation for all network and telecommunications systems and processes
- Collaborate with vendors to complete project-related tasks
- Plan and execute production changes with minimal to no impact on uptime
- Cultivate and maintain positive relations with other ITS teams and campus constituents
- Support logical and physical networking infrastructure, as well as wireless infrastructure infrastructure within a TCP/IP environment
- Manage and define network, firewall rules, and access lists
- Design, implement and maintain University enterprise network and telecommunications infrastructure, which includes installation and configuration of switches, routers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP and VPN
- Support enterprise cloud and virtual solutions related network resources and services
- Supports ITS department to create, develop and maintain best practices for University
- Security policies and networking architecture
- Installation, upgrade, security, and backup of all ITS administered network and telecommunications equipment
- Maintain copper and fiber-optic cabling infrastructure for campus
- Five (5) years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Juniper network equipment and management tools
- Knowledge of Palo Alto firewall
- Working knowledge of Enterprise level DNS/DHCP administration with an emphasis on Active Directory environments
- Working knowledge of VM environments
- Experience in an Enterprise or higher education network environment
- Experience with network security utilities for management and implementation
Required Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Ability to operate tools standard to trade
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, specifications and standards, and technical literature
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Self-directed and learns independently
- Manage competing demands and adapt to frequent changes
- Learn and adapt to new technologies and interpret to provide solutions for customer needs or issues
- Remain current on technology changes to respond quickly to customer issues
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet deadlines, often under pressure
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Understanding of all related architecture/engineering disciplines, and ability to organize, prioritize, perform under pressure in both public and internal capacities
- Knowledge of equipment standard to trade
- Extensive knowledge of: enterprise level routers, switches, and protocols associated with routing environments, and
enterprise level wireless infrastructure, including controllers, APs, and management console
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise level firewalls
- Knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD, and Quattro Pro
- Extensive understanding on how to resolve client/server computing issue
Apply Before Date
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates and teaches solution ownership
- Quick thinking in network down situations
- Possess superior work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Divisional application servers and information systems
- Extensive understanding on how to resolve client/server computing issue
- Proven experience in IT operations
- Creative in problem-solving
March 26, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work extended hours beyond 40 hour work week
- On call shift work required
- Work generally performed in an office
- Work extends to other environments, including external
- Travel required
- Ability to maneuver items weighing up to 55 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psc/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=224506&PostingSeq=1