Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement Coordinator
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Coordinator I position within the University Development and Alumni Relations Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
Medical, dental, and vision options
Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Supports the Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement team requiring a high level of tact and integrity due to the frequency of internal and external contacts, and high degree of exposure to confidential data. Performs general office functions as well as event support tasks, annual giving program administration and related duties as required; interacts with students, staff, faculty, alumni, parents, trustees, and guests of the university.
1. Supports department in execution of programs and events, scheduling meetings with donors, donor mailings, and special event announcements; assist annual giving staff with donor follow-up tasks. Reserves rooms, orders food, makes arrangements for remote attendees, and manages the RSVP process.
2. System Utilization: Works in Blackbaud, Banner, Cognos, SaleForce, APEX, Sharepoint, Office 365, and other software applications. Codes, tracks, and manages various data.
3. Develop and maintain a comprehensive calendar tracking the activities of each component of annual giving in an effort to provide a coordinated approach to annual giving programs; communicate annual giving activities to all relevant stake holders
4. Maintains a welcoming, efficient main office and operations. Greets, assists and directs visitors, callers, emails, and correspondence. Maintains efficient electronic file and retrieval systems and processes. Works with various office technologies. Communicates instructions to various individuals and/or departments verbally or in writing.
5. Plans and carries out administrative functions requiring considerable knowledge of the University and the Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement methods of operation. Schedules appointments and meetings, and assists the senior director as needed. Prepares minutes and correspondence. Monitor and document program and donor activities and results based on events and programs
6. Other duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent
One year of administrative support experience.
Some or completed college education
Higher education, development, or alumni engagement experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer