Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1979, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral, and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats, and exotic pets. The hospital also serves as the primary clinical training environment for the veterinary students, interns, and residents. Tufts University strives for an environment of collaboration, growth and learning and is looking to add like-minded professionals to our team.
Our pharmacy team provides services to the entire community at Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine. Services consist of providing pharmaceutical care to all hospitalized patients, as well as outpatients and any refill requests. Pharmacy oversees appropriate drug selection and use by veterinary students, interns and residents to ensure accurate patient care. Pharmacy provides drug information as needed to hospital staff, clients, referring veterinarians and pharmacists. Pharmacy enforces compliance with all state and federal drug laws and hospital policies regarding controlled drugs. Pharmacy manages drug inventory for hospitals.
What You'll Do
Responsibilities include the daily activities necessary to provide accurate and efficient pharmaceutical services to patients and clients of the hospitals.
- Dispense medications and supplies for hospitalized patients
- Inpatient, outpatient and refill requests
- Proper labeling, record keeping
- Provide product information to staff and clients
- Billing clients for medications and supplies
- Compliance with all federal and state drug laws
Manage and monitor inventory
Provide instruction and supervision to pharmacy technicians and students
This includes filling medication orders for all inpatients, outpatients and any refill requests. Providing drug information as needed. Monitoring inventory requirements. Compliance with all federal and state drug laws. Job oversight of pharmacy technicians as necessary.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum two (2) years pharmacy practice experience in a retail and/or hospital setting
- BS/PharmD from an accredited pharmacy school
- Pharmacy license in good standing and knowledge of Massachusetts pharmacy law
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Ability to multi-task in a busy veterinary teaching hospital with frequent interruption
Minimum $100,100.00, Midpoint $125,150.00, Maximum $150,200.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.