Do you want to help inform the world about pioneering research on today’s most pressing global challenges, from climate change and affordable housing shortages to health inequities and place-based racial injustice? The
http://archplan.buffalo.eduSchool of Architecture and Planning at the University at Buffalo, in the greater Buffalo, NY region, is seeking a creative professional to translate the work of our faculty, students and alumni into compelling creative products that engage and inspire a diverse array of audiences, from prospective students and donors to industry partners and community leaders.
The Digital Content Specialist will report to the School’s Director of Communications and collaborate with faculty and staff across the School and University to produce and manage public-facing content for a wide array of digital forums, including the School’s website, social media portfolio, email marketing and paid advertising. The Digital Content Specialist will be a vital team member in a highly collaborative environment working to raise the global reputation of the School, engage strategic external audiences, and support student and faculty recruitment. In addition to digital products, the scope of our work in the communications office includes creative design and branding, media relations, alumni and industry engagement, and public events and programs. The incumbent will work collaboratively with academic leadership, faculty, and professional staff at the School and university in marketing and communications, recruitment, alumni engagement, and university advancement. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, creative and eager to learn; thrive in a fast-paced, creative and enterprising environment; and demonstrate sharp organizational and project management skills.
* Work with Director of Communications, School administration and faculty to improve and implement digital content strategies
* Develop multi-media content, including news stories, graphics, video and photography that capture the life and work of our School
* Support administration and management of the School’s website, including
* Create online content, including web copywriting and graphic design
* Assess performance and areas for growth in audience outreach and engagement, including Google Analytics and search engine optimization
* Support website maintenance, including updated content features, use of Content Management Systems, web design and implementation of university-driven website development initiatives
* Maintain quality assurance and web accessibility based on the WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards as well as compliance with the ADA and other accessibility related law
* Produce content and assist in management and monitoring of the School’s top-level social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn
* Support consistency and development of the school’s visual identity and alignment with the University at Buffalo brand
* Produce and administer School e-newsletter for internal and external audiences
* Provide content, outreach and project management/logistical support for public programs such as the School’s annual lecture series, alumni events, and special events and initiatives of the Dean’s Office
* Support other media including online advertising, digital and environmental displays, and print media
* Provide some logistical/administrative support for outsourced contracts for sponsored media, print and design projects, and in-house mailings and outreach
* Occasional evening and weekend work may be required, with some travel, in support of School events.
* Perform other duties as required.
About the University at Buffalo’s School of Architecture and PlanningThe University at Buffalo School of Architecture and Planning is a top-ranked program for professional education and research in architecture, urban planning, real estate development, environmental design, and historic preservation. Drawing on the School’s deep-rooted traditions in hands-on, activist teaching and research, our faculty and students work directly in the city and world around us to translate ideas into built works and realized plans. We embrace the grand global challenges of the day as openings for our disciplines to mobilize action toward more just, resilient and enriching communities for all. Top-ranked for research among our peers in the Association of American Universities, the School collaborates with industry and across the disciplines at UB, the most comprehensive public research university in the northeastern United States. The only school of architecture and planning in The State University of New York (SUNY), we offer bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees, including a nationally accredited Master of Architecture and Master of Urban Planning and SUNY’s only MS in real estate development.
The School and its departments and programs are interested in candidates who have demonstrated commitment to excellence by providing leadership in teaching, research, or service toward building an equitable and diverse environment. As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, UB will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.