Advancement Information Analyst
Advancement Information Technology
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Primary responsibility for converting critical prospect management, gift and engagement data into actionable business knowledge in support of University Advancement strategies and goals, especially Campaign decision-making. Lead on all ad hoc requests for data lists, reports and dashboards from within University Advancement as well as across campus concerning Advancement data. Liaison between University Advancement and Institutional Research.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Summarize complex data in a variety of formats and structures, creating clear concise reports and dashboards for management and other end users.
- Leverage existing data to develop new analytical tools and reports to set annual strategies and goals and track results.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in existing data to provide support for data-driven decision-making.
- Provide lists and reports on an ad hoc basis as requested by University Advancement staff and department across campus.
- Partner with the data management team within University Advancement and other departments across campus to resolve identified data quality issues.
- Serve as a second Salesforce Administrator - primarily focused on enhancing business operations on the Salesforce platform and serving as a liaison to the Salesforce Working Group.
- Serve as primary back-up for the Director of Advancement Information Technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Additional educational experience and a minimum of three years of related work experience preferred.
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel, Tableau.
- Experience with statistical packages and languages (SPSS, R, etc.), SQL and Salesforce administration preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to interpret data.
- Good judgement and discretion in handling highly confidential and sensitive documents and data and exceptional attention to detail essential.
- Ability to easily communicate complex ideas in simple yet effective terms.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively with internal and external constituents, and to work accurately in a fast-paced environment necessary.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Advancement-Information-Analyst_R0000566
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.