Tufts Dining is a self-operated food service provider managing a comprehensive collegiate food service program on the Tufts University Medford-Somerville campus delivering high quality, contemporary and innovative food and hospitality services to meet the various needs of students, faculty, staff and visitors in a fiscally responsible manner. Our team operates a progressive resident dining program for approximately 4000 students as well as responsive retail services and a distinctive university catering program serving the campus community totaling 5100 undergraduates, 1700 graduate students, and 2300 faculty, staff and administrators.
Residential Dining & Catering are Open 7 days a week. Working Weekends & Evenings will be expected.
What You'll Do
The Food Delivery Worker will be responsible for driving a variety of vehicles for the purpose of the pick-up and delivery of food, beverages and equipment in a timely, efficient, safe, professional and sanitary manner according to the directions of management and within the prescribed delivery schedule.
- The Food Delivery Worker will prepare products and equipment properly and as directed for safe transport or storage.
- The Food Delivery Worker will be expected to execute the duties of the position with a clear focus on safety of self and others with regards to the lifting, moving, carrying and transporting of products and equipment and the safe and legal operation of the assigned vehicle.
- The Food Delivery Worker will be responsible for the general care and cleaning of the assigned delivery vehicles, and will also report any malfunctions, problems and accidents (includes near misses) with the operation of assigned vehicles to management immediately.
- The Food Delivery Worker will be responsible to keep account of, pick up and return all equipment and return to the proper storage areas within the department.
- The Food Delivery Worker will communicate with management before discarding any food products or equipment they find faulty or spoiled.
- They may assist with receiving and storing products and supplies from vendor deliveries and with the organization and cleaning of storage areas as needed.
- They may also be called upon to assist with routine sanitation and housekeeping duties in the unit as needed.
- Will keep a neat and professional appearance and wear Tufts Dining issued attire.
- Will support all fellow employees when possible and contribute to a respectful and cooperative workplace. The Food Delivery Worker will be willing to drive to all four Tufts Campuses, Tufts related properties & business locations.
- They will be responsible for controlling the appropriate temperature in the truck during warm weather. The Food Delivery Worker will be required to report all mechanical and cosmetic issues to management immediately.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work under periods of fast pace and high pressure.
- All employees are responsible for punching in and out in accordance with department policy and standards.
- They must be given permission from a manager to punch in early or stay past their schedule "out time".
- All employees will adhere to posted schedule and all requests for time off will be granted based on business needs.
- In accordance with the CBA, schedules will be posted 14 days (excludes catering) in advance.
- Time off request must follow proper procedure and will be approved/denied in accordance with department needs.
What We're Looking For
- 1 to 2 years of related experience.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver's License in good standing with no restrictions.
- Must possess the ability to operate a 16ft. Cab-Over Reefer Box Truck.
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language.
- Must have tolerance for long shifts standing, walking, lifting, and executing various other repetitive physical tasks.
- Must have the ability to take direction from leadership, to understand job requirements and show initiative in completing related customer service job tasks.
- Must be a team player who is willing to be held accountable for the quality of products produced by others, for meeting tight deadlines, and for contributing to the success of the operation.
Join Tufts University today to take advantage of our wonderful benefits package. In addition to various health, dental, and vision plans, tuition remission, retirement plans with strong contributions, life insurance, long term disability, commuter benefits, and many other perks and discounts!