Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Temporary COVID-19 Care Coordinator
North Carolina A & T State University
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
- CNA Certification (Minimum)
- Proven record of strong administrative skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to adapt quickly
- Effective communicator
- Experience in health care
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must possess a valid/clean driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be physically able to carry up to 20lbs
- Must be able to wear PPE
- Must have the ability and willingness to work in a high-stress environment
- Willing and able to interact in person with students in quarantine or isolation due to a diagnosis of COVID-19, being evaluated as a person under investigation (PUI) or determined to have had contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19
- Ability to work with and manage stress/anxiety of others
- Must wear proper PPE per guidelines by University and health officials (training will be provided)
- Strong technological skills and ability to communicate virtually with students, families, and campus administrators via Zoom
- Will be required to sign confidentiality agreement and maintain strict confidentiality
Required License or Certification
Primary Purpose of Position
Location: Haley Hall residence hall and/or hotel location
NC A&T State University may require on campus student(s) to isolate or quarantine based upon a diagnosis of COVID-19, being evaluated as a person under investigation, or determined to have had contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
Students unable to return home will be required to move to designated isolation and quarantine spaces on campus. The COVID-19 Care Coordinator will have responsibilities for coordinating all aspects of isolation and quarantining of students and providing assistance and support as needed. The care coordinator will also be responsible for communicating information to key stakeholders. This is a temp position reports to Housing and Residence Life in collaboration with the Student Health Center.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Communicate instructions with students on the process of moving into the quarantine/isolation housing (e.g. when/how this will occur, building/room assignment, key access, meal ordering, trash removal, laundry, and process for resource requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance)
- Participate in duty rotation for campus to assist in crisis response
- Provide students with boxes and packing cart to move belongings to quarantine/isolation space
- Responsible for room assignment and coordination of keys and room access
- Assist students in the physical move process to isolation/quarantine space on campus
- Communication with leadership, departments on campus and parents
- Provide support to students in isolation/quarantine and make periodic contact (virtual and in-person) with students
- As needed, deliver meals to isolation/quarantine sites on campus
- Coordinate all aspects of releasing students from or transferring between isolation/quarantine, including providing students with instructions
- Performs administrative functions necessary for efficient operation of the space-maintaining database of occupants, inventory of supplies, etc.
- Develop administrative reports (e.g. occupancy/vacancy rate, personal protective equipment (PPE) inventory, concerns/challenges, etc.)
- Coordinating cleaning and turn-over of isolation/quarantine spaces
- Coordinate laundry services for students in isolation/quarantine
- Considered an essential and critical employee
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |