Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Business Intelligence Analyst
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Business Intelligence Analyst
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The office of Institutional Research and Strategic Decision Support at WPI is a rapidly developing office, looking for a new team member to assist the advancement of the Institution's data strategy. The Business Intelligence Analyst, will assist in creating in maintaining dashboards using Tableau, assist with the survey research, and help with other institutional research related projects. This is an important role for the office and will also support in providing technology training and support as a way of maximizing resources and enhancing efforts to achieve departmental and university goals.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses standard or ad-hoc queries or reports to extract data from disparate databases or data sources to produce dashboards, metrics, or insights and identify trends or anomalies.
- Design, develop dashboards and visualizations for internal and/or external customers in Tableau, including annual WPI Fact Book and Common Data Set.
- Consults with users or decision makers to identify data sources, required data elements, or data validation standards
- Utilize software and programming tools (such as SQL, Access, Excel, Argos) for the generation of reports and to support the work of the Institution.
- Work in conjunction with the team to ensure high levels of accuracy and precision in data reporting and data integrity.
- Collaborates with other departments to design business intelligence solutions to facilitate data gathering, storage, and retrieval.
- Act as primary point of contact between the IT Division and the Office of IR and Decision Support; oversee any IT upgrades within the division and support campus-wide technology ventures on behalf of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Minimum two year's experience working in higher education, experience in an Institutional Research office preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, cleaning, and analyzing complex data sets that link data from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated experience in designing data visualizations. Tableau experience preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituencies, including staff, faculty, and administrators; interactions require discretion, diplomacy, judgment and maturity.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills are required. Must be able to communicate to both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive reports, instructions, business process documentation and training materials is expected.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Experience with Slate, Salesforce, and other CRM platforms preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and desire to provide world-class customer service.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Business-Intelligence-Analyst_R0001176
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |