Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30 - 4:00pm
The Department of Facilities Services is responsible for the efficient and cost effective operations, maintenance and management of all Tufts University facilities consisting of approximately 5 million square feet of space on three campuses (Somerville/Medford, Grafton, and Boston).
A broad range of services are provided to support the University campuses including: facility maintenance by all trades, capital maintenance, information technology systems for operations (work control, time capture, preventative maintenance), energy and utilities systems, recycling and waste management, event services, residential facilities coordination, grounds maintenance and facility condition assessment and tracking. Facilities Services plays a critical role in planning for the $30M/year deferred maintenance investment.
Related functions, which require close coordination with this department, are public and environmental health and safety, planning, design and construction of capital and deferred maintenance projects including major repairs, renovation and new construction.
What You'll Do
Reporting to facilities management department, the Shipper & Receiver is responsible for all shipping and receiving activities on the individual campuses. Position requires experience and knowledge in shipping and receiving along with
the ability to keep accurate records.
- Must have experience with electronic freight tracking software and Microsoft operating platforms.
- Familiarity with UPS, USPS, and FedEx shipping and acceptance practices.
- Applicant must be physically fit to carry out effectively all the requirements of the Facilities department; including the use and care of electric pallet jacks and handcarts.
- This position performs similar or related duties as required. This position is considered essential as defined in the Tufts University Employee Handbook.
What We're Looking For
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
- Position requires experience and knowledge in the shipping and receiving and parcel documentation industry.
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license.
- Must be physically fit to carry out effectively all the requirements of the Facilities department; including the use and care of grounds equipment and tools.
- Mechanical proficiency and use of small hand tools is required (dollies, utility knifes, etc.)
- Must be conscientious, adaptable and have the ability to communicate and work respectfully with co-employees, students, faculty and staff.
- Experience with computers for creating Word documents, updating work status in facilities related systems and use of e-mail for timely and professional communication and correspondence.
- Capability with the use of desktops, scanners, iPads or other devices.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Solid time management skills including the ability to multi-task, tactfully deal with unforeseen challenges and people, and work well in a team setting with other technicians and trades professionals.
- The ability to read, write and comprehend the English language is required.
- Must be able to lift at least 70 lbs. and physically meet the requirements of the position job duties.
- Required to work indoors and outdoors and during inclement weather year round.
- Expereince in the use of Maximo CMMS system.
- Excellent driving record for the past 5 years.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Flexibility in work schedule required due to campus related emergencies, events occurring nights and weekends and special events such as matriculation and commencement.