Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Service & Repair Mechanic HVAC-R, Campus Operations
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Service & Repair Mechanic
(HVAC-R) position is located in the Mechanical Equipment Shop within the Facilities Division
of the University at Buffalo. The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Testing, operating, maintaining, repairing and installing refrigeration and air conditioning equipment
- Installing new refrigeration and air conditioning equipment
- Leading and training other crew members
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and overhaul all types of chillers, coolers, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioning units and systems, humidifiers, compressors, ventilators, cooling towers and other similar and related equipment
- Ability to read a psychometric chart and understand electrical-pneumatic interface devices, variable and constant air volume systems, terminal reheat, and electronic direct digital controllers
- Reading and understanding technical manuals, electrical/electronic schematics, diagrams and blueprints
- Possessing a working knowledge of electrical and electronic controls associated with refrigeration and cooling systems
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website
to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |