The Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life prepares Tufts students to become active citizens and community leaders. As the only university-wide college of its kind, its mission is to engage Tufts students in meaningful community building, public service experiences, and transformational learning. It conducts and supports groundbreaking research on civic and political participation and forges innovative community partnerships. Tisch College is a national leader in civic education, whose model and research are setting the standard for higher education’s role in civic engagement
What You'll Do
This is a limited term position through July 1, 2024 with the possibility of extension to July 2025.
Tufts University’s Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life seeks to hire a program coordinator for an exciting outreach role focused on increasing the civic and political engagement of students across the University starting on/around June 12, 2023. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. Tufts University class of 2023 candidates (or recent graduates) are strongly encouraged to apply. This is an in-person position with some remote work.
Key duties include:
- Assist with implementing creative ways to expand Tisch College’s outreach and impact among the student body, as a key member of the communications and programs teams.
- Help support outreach to individual students and on-campus student groups to recruit for key student programs and courses.
- Assist with program planning and implementation for Leadership for Social Change high school (summer) program.
- Support the student-led Tufts University Jumbo Vote initiative, including working with student leaders to facilitate opportunities for participation in local, state, and national elections, on all Tufts campuses.
- Assist with events and help identify and organize students to participate in Tisch College events, including but not limited to our Distinguished Speaker Series.
- Provide support for Tisch College efforts for admitted students.
- Help support communication to Office of Campus Life, Office of Career Services, and other key student-facing organizations for Tisch College programs and events.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with groups of people representing diverse social identities and political perspectives
- Strong interest in pathways to civic and political engagement for young people
- Experience and advanced knowledge with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram) as well as Microsoft office suite, Google suite, Zoom
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Collaborative work ethic and ability to lead projects and people
- Experience in Higher Ed setting
- Tufts University class of 2023 candidate (or recent graduate) strongly preferred
- Experience helping to convene or lead student groups
- Experience with web site platforms (such as Drupal and WordPress)
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Must be able to work occasional weekends and nights and travel between campuses.
Minimum $21.20, Midpoint $25.45, Maximum $29.70
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.