Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Service Desk Representative
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Service Desk Representative
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Service Desk Representative is responsible for providing front-line in-person, phone and e-mail technical support to the WPI community. This position provides operations support for the library pay-for-print center, media sales and equipment lending. The Service Desk Representative works closely with other Service Desk staff, Service Desk student staff and IT technical support staff to ensure the successful and timely resolution of incoming incidents, questions, and service requests.
- Provide front-line in-person, phone and e-mail support to WPI faculty, staff and students.
- Concisely and effectively document issues in the Service Desk application software to facilitate resolution and maintain user satisfaction.
- Provide support for first call resolution, including proper triage of incidents, basic troubleshooting, documentation of relevant information, and use of solutions knowledgebase. Route/escalate all other issues appropriately.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of local computer labs and the library's public computers and printers.
- Ensure the Gordon Library printing locations are neat, orderly, and adequately supplied.
- Assist with Technology Service Desk and Print Center inventory. Tasks include: Monitoring printer and media supplies.
- Accountable reconciliation of sales made using the Point of Sales system.
- Responsible for the library laptop loaning pool to include: laptop maintenance, inventory, and laptop loans.
- Provide excellent customer service to all members of the WPI community to maintain and improve user satisfaction.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- Associates Degree in CS related field or equivalent demonstrated by experience.
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with users of various levels of computer literacy and technical competency are essential.
- Flexibility with shift work and ability to work overtime when needed. Main shift will be from 10:30 to 7pm Monday through Friday during the academic year. Shift will adjust based on Library's open hours when school is not in session.
- Experience supporting current versions of Windows, Mac OS, and Office 365 in a networked environment as well as a working knowledge of PC hardware and configuration issues.
- Knowledge of networking concepts as well as wireless networking configuration experience required.
- Must be detail-oriented, possess good problem-solving skills, and be able to work independently.
- Knowledge or experience with the use of Cherwell, LINUX, Remote Assistance tools, and malware detection and removal tools is desirable.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Service-Desk-Representative_R0000359
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |