Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and direction for all aspects of the softball program as they competitively in NCAA Division III athletics and the NEWMAC (New England Men's and Women's Athletic Conference) while providing an educational environment which enhances the development of the whole student-athlete. Teach physical education courses and fulfill departmental administrative responsibilities.
- Provide leadership and direction to the softball program; create a culture of compliance with NCAA rules and regulations as well as NEWMAC and university policies and procedures.
- Supervise assistant coach(es).
- Recruit prospective student-athletes committed to academic and athletic excellence.
- Establish and maintain a positive public relations image for the sport, the department, and WPI.
- Be accountable for team budget and fundraising
- Teach PE courses as assigned.
- Serve as a role model for students in and out of competition.
- Develop a good rapport and/or working relationship with students, department members, staff, faculty and alumni.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3-5 years of collegiate coaching experience
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification preferred
- Valid driver's license required.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please include a cover letter, along with your salary requirements.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Head-Coach-Softball_R0001443-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.