This position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and is accountable to support the recruitment of first-time qualified freshman students, with an emphasis on multicultural students. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits.
Title and salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Effectively supporting the recruitment of qualified multicultural first year students from assigned recruitment territories within annually established University goals and identified characteristics.
2. Managing assigned territory through all aspects of recruiting. This includes travel, analysis and cultivating new and strengthening existing relationships with the guidance community and community based organizations.
3. Projecting a professional image of the University and developing a thorough knowledge of the admission process.
4. Interviewing prospective students and effectively conducting pre-admission counseling to ensure a thorough understanding and acceptance of Bryant University and its programs.
5. Representing Bryant University at high schools, college fairs, college nights and on- and off-campus events as needed, and participating in the formulation of events when appropriate.
6. Reviewing and evaluating application materials in a thorough and timely manner, recommending admission and eligibility for academic scholarship in keeping with established guidelines.
7. Developing relationships with prospective students and families by guiding them through the Bryant admission process.
8. Researching, developing and implementing office-wide strategic multicultural recruitment initiatives in conjunction with the Admission and University goals.
9. Developing on campus programs for prospective multicultural students in conjunction with current students and the staff in the Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
10. Supporting the implementation of the University’s overall recruitment/marketing strategies.
11. Performing other related responsibilities as assigned.
This position is best filled by an individual with a Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years full-time work experience in undergraduate admission. Prior experience in working with multicultural students is strongly preferred. This position requires excellent time management and organization skills, as well as strong written and oral communication skills. Experience in the interpretation of high school academic credentials and standardized testing results preferred. Experience with SLATE is also important. A valid driver’s license is required. This position has non-standard hours. Extensive travel is required. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.