Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Information Systems Assistant
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Information Systems Assistant (Programmer) will be responsible for:
- Building, modifying, documenting, and maintaining PHP/MYSQL web-based applications using traditional and Object Oriented (OO) methodologies for the online education platforms.
- Develop, design, document, implement, and maintain databases.
- Generate visual Crystal Reports or Access reports via charts, graphs, and spreadsheets. Programming using VBA
- Work with project stakeholders on analysis of large data sets.
- Gather, analyze, and define specifications, and construct data models for projects
- Coordinate course content and electronic media for online/live programming, including setting up Webinars (i.e., Webex)
- Provide timely data retrieval, reports, and IT support for the CHOPE Team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, including working under tight deadlines and schedules
- Write code, customize and modify existing and/or open-source code, test, and document website, web application, and database projects
- Ensure websites, web applications, and database projects are accessible and compliant with Section 508, Bobby, and/or Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Work with customer relational software, video teleconferencing, and record keeping software programs
- Must be available periodically on weekends and evenings
- Research and recommend alternative platforms/software for future online educational enhancements
- Bachelor’s Degree
Possess instructions technology/computer science background
- Microsoft Office (2013/2016)
- Excel (including formatting and formulas)
- MS Access (Create reports, queries, forms, and VBS)
- SQL – Design queries to extract data from databases
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Worked with web site front end design tool(s)
- Basic laptop / desktop hardware / software troubleshooting
- Analysis, summarizing, and reporting of data
- Experience with writing SQL queries and large data set analysis
- Yii programming platform
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |