Cummings Veterinary Medical Center (CVMC)is comprised of 7 teaching hospitals, clinics, and diagnostic laboratories. Cummings. The CVMC provides advanced veterinary care for animal patients across New England and serves as the primary clinical training environment for veterinary students, interns, and residents. The Foster Hospital for Small Animals (FHSA) and the Hospital for Large Animals (HLA) in North Grafton, MA provide state-of-the-art, 24-hour, emergency, and multi-specialty care for small animals (FHSA) and large animals (HLA). They are the two largest hospitals in the CVMC. This position primarily serves the HLA and the FHSA, but will support all hospitals, clinics, and diagnostic laboratories in the CVMC.
What You'll Do
The Clinical Assets Manager (CAM) is responsible for ensuring the Cummings Veterinary Medical Center’s buildings, space, systems, and equipment are appropriate, best suited to our needs, and appropriately maintained.
This position supports all hospitals, clinics, and diagnostic laboratories in the CVMC and maximizes efficiencies in clinic asset management and acquisition across all units.
Reporting to senior CVMC administration and working with the hospital and clinic directors, the CAM serves as the primary contact with Tufts Facilities, Tufts Construction managers, TTS engineers, IT.
In addition, this role will serve as the primary overseer of major equipment purchases for the CVMC, to include evaluating price, reliability, and availability of goods and services.
The CAM will serve as the primary connection with IT. The CAM will oversee equipment, maintenance contract review and renewal, and materials management primarily for the FHSA and HLA, but will also ensure coordination across the CVMC
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent professional level experience.
- 3+ years of facility and infrastructure management experience.
- 3+ years of procurement skills and strong negotiation skills related to equipment purchases.
- Knowledge of building operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management in a clinical setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be a well-organized, detail and customer oriented (internal and external) self-starter.
- Experience in Excel, Word, and project management software.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity