Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Lead Dining Customer Srvc Asst
This is an academic year position.
Tufts Dining is a self-operated food service provider managing a comprehensive collegiate food service program on the Tufts University Medford-Somerville campus delivering high quality, contemporary and innovative food and hospitality services to meet the various needs of students, faculty, staff and visitors in a fiscally responsible manner. Our team operates a progressive resident dining program for approximately 4000 students as well as responsive retail services and a distinctive university catering program serving the campus community totaling 5100 undergraduates , 1700 graduate students, and 2300 faculty, staff and administrators.
Residential Dining & Catering are Open 7 days a week. Working Weekends & Evenings will be expected.
What You'll Do
- The Lead Customer Service Assistant will work closely with management, acting as a shift leader, delegate coordinate, and follow up on the work of all food service employees on assigned shifts.
- They will be responsible for serving customers in a variety of ways including but not limited to serving food/beverages, preparing and presenting foods for service including occasional light cooking and prep, stocking food and supplies as needed, maintaining the appearance and utility of food service stations and the dining room, cashiering, general cleaning and housekeeping, executing opening and closing procedures and all other assignments related to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- They will engage in job specific training and coaching of front-of-house staff. They will personally and through others attend to the needs of high volume and internal/external customers while maintaining excellent customer service.
- The Lead CSA will be able to handle cash appropriately and operate the department POS system.
- They will be able to teach others to operate the system. In addition, the Lead CSA may be responsible to count cash drawers and prepare deposits according to procedure and audit safe, if applicable.
- They will follow opening and closing procedures.
- The Lead CSA will teach and coach service employees to work various stations within the unit.
- They will ensure all workstations and dining areas are properly cleaned and sanitized prior to closing out a shift.
- They will ensure all equipment and supplies are properly stocked at each station.
- The Lead CSA will be assigned to work all service stations and catering events, when applicable.
- They will execute other duties in the unit as needed in support of the operation. They will display strong leadership skills independently and as a team, overseeing a team of staff within the unit.
- They will promote safe work habits throughout the operation, evaluating accidents and observing work processes.
- They will be knowledgeable about ingredients and preparation methods of foods served, especially with regards to the presence of potential allergens.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under periods of fast pace and high pressure.
- All employees are responsible for punching in and out in accordance with department policy and standards. They must be given permission from a manager to punch in early or stay past their schedule "out time."
- All employees will adhere to posted schedule and all requests for time off will be granted based on business needs.
- In accordance with the CBA, schedules will be posted 14 days (excludes catering) in advance. Time off requests must follow proper procedure and will be approved/denied in accordance with department needs".
What We're Looking For
- 1-3 years' experience as a server, sandwich maker, pizza maker, grill cook or in other dining services positions is required.
- Must be able to count money, make change, and operate POS systems.
- Must be able to learn and operate the labeling system.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively coach others.
- Tuft's dining is a hospitality-oriented service provider, all employees are expected to be customer service sensitive.
- This successful individual must have experience in high volume foodservice operation.
- Must read, speak and understand English and have a working knowledge of basic food service math.
- A team player who is willing to be held accountable for the quality of products produced by others, for meeting tight deadlines, and for contributing to the success of the operation.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of kitchen sanitation and food safety practices and ability to enforce safe food handling guidelines.
- Mandatory Certificates and Licenses, when applicable to unit:
- Valid Driver's license and be comfortable driving a Cargo Van
- Alcohol Awareness Service Certificate
- Serve Safe Sanitation Certificate
- Choke Saver Certificate
- Allergen Awareness Certificate
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Prior leadership experience is preferred.
- Experience utilizing computers for work.
- ServSafe Certified.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |