Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Accounting Supervisor - Veterinary School
The Accounting Department’s mission is to insure the appropriate and complete billing for services provided to patients seen in the Foster Hospital for Small Animals and the Hospital for Large Animals and review/resolve client billing concerns. The goal for the section is to provide excellent client service and a timely response to client concerns in reference to all financial transactions.
What You'll Do
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for directing the daily functions and smooth operation of the SAH and LAH accounting departments. The primary responsibility is to ensure the accuracy of billing to client accounts. The assurance of proper staffing schedules to appropriately support clients, clinicians, front desk staff and other hospital departments. This position will assist in developing a team spirit and productive workforce, as well as recommend changes and make proposals for improvements to the efficient and accurate operation of the SAH and LAH accounting department. The Accounting Supervisor works to support the Accounting Manager, Hospital Administrator and Medical Director in the continuous evaluation and improvements in procedures.
- Oversee daily management of Small Animal and Large Animal patient accounts which includes but is not limited to assuring adequate staffing to complete daily tasks.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliations of daily deposits and processing of client payments.
- Oversee the auditing of client’s invoices and accounts.
- Meet with clients to coordinate the establishment of payment plans and billing issues in accordance with hospital policy when needed.
- Oversee collection activity on client accounts.
- Work with clinical staff and admission/discharge staff enforcing hospital financial policies and resolving billing issues.
- Monitor client in-patient accounts for additional deposits as required. Ensure all refunds, returned checks, billing adjustments, and Travis Fund credits are processed in a timely manner.
- Oversee the submission of daily cash batches, research processing and internal transfers to Medford for processing to People Soft. Reconcile deposits, research, and bad debts to hospital system daily and or monthly.
- Ensure that the Accounting staff process client disputes, adjustments and make payment plan arrangements in a timely manner.
- Ensure excellence in Client Service with internal and external clients by providing job direction, coaching and training. Help provide guidance to staff that the clients has a good experience with all aspects of financial transactions/questions with their pets while at our hospitals.
- Participate in the staff hiring process.
- Prepare the writing of staff evaluations in conjunction with feedback from Accounting Manager.
- Conduct staff performance evaluation with staff.
- Coach staff in areas where deficiencies are identified.
- Provide resource information for the timely and accurate preparation of Small Animal and Large Animal Hospital monthly financial statements.
- Recommend and develop new protocols to enhance financial efficiencies and improved customer service.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings.
- Attend monthly supervisor meeting and other operational meetings as needed for financial issues or planning.
- Motivate, inspire, and empower staff to develop as financial representatives for both hospitals.
- Provide direct supervision in the absence of the Accounting Manager.
- Hospital Administration on special projects as needed.
What We're Looking For
- Associates Degree in Business/Accounting or related field with minimum 5 years of experience working in an accounting/accounts receivable environment.
- Computerized client billing and payment processing with some Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. 5+ years of experience preferred.
- Veterinary accounting/accounts receivable experience preferred.
- Must possess a strong ability to communicate effectively with clients, clinical staff, subordinates and interdepartmental staff.
- Must be able to multitask in a busy work environment in a professional and positive manner.
- Experience in the use of an on-line computerized system necessary.
- Individual must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, problem solve, handle clinical emergencies and interact well with a variety of people including students, technicians, clinicians and administrators.
Minimum $29.10, Midpoint $34.65, Maximum $40.20
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |