University of Idaho
IdahoSTARS Child Care Health Consultant
College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
$23.10 per hour
This position promotes healthy and safe child care by assisting with program policy development and implementation of quality health, safety, and nutrition practices in early care and education settings. This position provides coaching, training, and resources to child care directors and providers, families, and regional and statewide partners.
Must have a minimum of a bachelors degree in a health related field.
- Experience related to early care and education:
Health and safety standards in child care
Injury prevention for children
Oral health of children
Inclusion of children with special health care needs in child care settings
Safe medication administration
Safe sleep practices and policies
Immunization schedules for children
State health laws, federal and state education laws, and state professional practice acts for licensed professionals
- Working on an interdisciplinary team.
- Developing and implementing health and safety policies.
- Conducting adult workshops/training.
- Licensed health professional with education and experience in child and community health.
- Knowledge of developmental screening tools and procedures for use.
- Specialized training in child care health consulting.
- Endorsement in Early Childhood Mental Health.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Applications received before July 1, 2019 will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until suitable pool of candidates is identified.
In the letter of qualification, applicants need to address each individual required qualification, along with any preferred qualifications.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.