The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing complex administrative support to the Vice Provost for International Education (VPIE) and members of VPIE’s senior leadership team. The Executive Assistant also serves as a communications coordinator and as an event coordinator for the unit.
As Executive Assistant, you will:
- Assist the Vice Provost and senior members of the Office of International Education. Serve as a liaison between VPIE’s leadership and representatives of other UB departments and external groups. Organize and provide logistical support for VPIE activities.
- Manage office communications, including issuing communications, briefs and informational materials. Update departmental websites. Manage departmental mail and electronic mail/social media accounts, including prioritizing electronic and hard copy mail.
- Help identify, organize and implement an active program of events designed to increase the visibility of UB’s international identity and engagement.
- Collect information to support VPIE planning and operations. Gather research and statistical data, including supporting surveys and collecting and collating feedback from focus groups from on-campus and off-campus constituencies. Compile results.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a small team to provide primary or back-up support for a variety of office management, business, personnel, and facilities related tasks. Schedule and co-supervise VPIE office student and graduate assistants.
The University at Buffalo (UB) The University at Buffalo has the distinction of being one of the nation’s Top 30 institutions hosting international students. A premier research-intensive public university, UB has the distinction of being a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU) and is SUNY’s most comprehensive public university.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
A Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in a related position, or an Associate’s degree and three years of related experience. Excellent organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate actively changing and complex schedules. Able to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare and deliver articulate messages, and effectively communicate complex information to a broad range of international and US-based constituencies, including non-native speakers of English. Ability to communicate and interact effectively and respectfully with representatives of community, national and international organizations, with UB alumni and guests, and with all members of the campus community. Able to recognize sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. An awareness of international perspectives and a commitment to respecting international diversity. An understanding of world geography. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel. A working knowledge of digital communication and social media tools. A commitment to accuracy, and a high attention to detail. An ability to learn and effectively employ new skills, as needed.