The Substitute - IT User Support Technician will need to have knowledge of Apple products, iOS operating systems, and software.
Under general supervisor, substitute employees perform a variety of work in support of a college or district program or office.
Non-academic, non-classified substitute: vacancy employees are appointed temporarily when recruiting to fill a permanent position. Non-academic, non-classified substitute: no vacancy employees replace classified employees who are temporarily absent from duty.
Non-academic, non-classified substitute employees are not part of classified service. Non-academic, non-classified substitute employees are at-will employees, have no entitlement rights to any position in the District. Substitute employment shall not result in the displacement of Classified personnel.
Substitute non classified employees who are appointed temporarily while the District is recruiting for the permanent position may not exceed 130 working days within a fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
Substitute non classified employees who are temporarily replacing a classified employee may not exceed 160 working days within a fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
*Retired CalPERS Annuitants: may not exceed 960 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 through June 30)*
* Aids staff and faculty on utilizing computer and software programs including remote access and on the proper use of audio-visual or electronic equipment.
* Participates in troubleshooting to resolve hardware and operations problems, including but not limited to connectivity, internet access, electronic mail and file servers. Works with fellow staff, equipment users, and vendors to identify and resolve problems.
* Provides basic technical support to enterprise software systems supporting networked computers such as computer system updates, virtual environments, and multimedia systems.
* Assist with maintaining classroom and conference room audio visual presentation systems and interface with vendors to ensure timely repair and return to service.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.