Office of the Registrar Mission Statement
The Office of the Registrar, stewards of academic records maintenance, is committed to serving the Stevens Institute of Technology community in a courteous, accurate, and expeditious manner. With knowledge, integrity, and energy, we aim to improve the client experience and the University’s reputation through coordinated, customer-centric services that exceed expectations.
Student Records Specialist – Data Management, together with the University Registrar shares responsibility for the accuracy, integrity, privacy and security of all academic records and the integrity of data and reports. The Student Records Specialist works together with the Systems and Data Management team to ensure compliance with the published policies and procedures while providing outstanding customer service to students, staff, faculty and other internal and external constituents. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented to ensure that data is maintained to institutional standards.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the Office of the Registrar website
- Process and research students’ status with National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) and National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
- Assist in report development and maintenance
- Assist in developing documentation for report processing and system operations
- Assist with implementation of new functions/processes in the Registrar’s Office
- Ability to work and communicate with Deans, Department Chairs and various constituents
- Review and process various student record forms related to enrollment, withdrawal, leave of absence, holds and grade changes
- Assist with training and documentation for reporting functions for faculty and staff
- Maintain student and registration related files in accordance with FERPA and record retention policies
- Assist in troubleshooting system issues with IT department and other departments as needed
- Assist with Registrar’s Office phone, mail and email correspondence
- Assist faculty, staff and students with in-person inquiries
- Other duties as assigned or needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience working in a Registrar’s Office with diverse faculty, staff and students
- Prior experience with NSC and NSLDS preferred
- Experience with a student information system required
- Experience with course scheduling and classroom scheduling preferred
- Experience writing FOCUS reports a plus
- SQL experience a plus
- Knowledge of record retention policies; data privacy policies and procedures (FERPA); generally accepted AACRAO guidelines, federal, state and regulatory requirements; academic policies and procedure.
Skills and Abilities
Strong computer software skills, including experience with a student information system; ability to work independently on multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy; ability to work as part of a team; strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; and strong attention to detail.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty, and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
University Registrar – Data Management
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.