As part of University at Buffalo’s Business and Entrepreneur Partnerships (BEP) group, UB’s Technology Transfer office (TT) is responsible for commercializing research innovations that will benefit the public good as new products and services. TT is seeking to fill the new position of Technology Assessment Specialist (TAS) for engineering technologies. The TAS will work closely with inventors and BEP staff to identify technology commercialization opportunities and allocate the various resources available to each project to maximize successful outcomes in technology development, licensing and economic impacts.
The TAS position is an opportunity to develop a career in University technology transfer. Primary responsibilities include:
- Meeting with faculty to discuss the technology transfer process and identify new technologies with commercial potential;
- Completing intellectual property and market opportunity assessments of new technology disclosures by conducting web- and subscription-based patent searches and market research to evaluate the commercial potential of inventions;
- Conducting ‘customer discovery’ to validate commercial opportunities with industry experts;
- Assisting in the patent prosecution process;
- Preparing non-confidential and technical information for marketing campaigns; and
- Working with inventors to prepare successful proof-of-concept funding proposals.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.