University of Idaho
Assistant to the AVP for Research Administration and the Director of the Office of Technology Transfer
University Research (Div)
$18.57 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Provide administrative support and coordination to the Director of the Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) and to the AVP, Research Administration by functioning independently to perform a variety of administrative duties. This includes communicating effectively with administrators, faculty, staff and external constituents to ensure quality service, and by acting in a self-directed manner which utilizes good judgment in the execution of daily activities and implementation of special projects.
- A minimum of five years with progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying regulations and/or policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating special projects.
- Demonstrated experience in independently researching, compiling, developing and summarizing material for reports on a frequent or recurring basis.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing information, identifying problems, defining alternatives and developing recommendations for management/administrators.
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Experience planning and scheduling techniques for a high level administrator.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial record keeping methods.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively, both orally and written with a diverse range of individuals.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding implied work tasks as well as stated work tasks associated with executing the duties of an administrative office, as well as understanding the second and third order effects of decision making.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and initiating tasks needed to complete a project; acting independently and exercising initiative.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Working knowledge preparing presentations and print materials using computer software.
- Proficiency in software programs such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Banner.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Preferential review of applicants to take place on June 14, 2019.
Applicants should address how they meet the required qualifications and any applicable preferred qualifications within their letter of qualification.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.