The Department of Health & Wellness is made up of Counseling and Mental Health, Health Services, and Health Promotion, as well as sexual assault prevention. The department contributes to the educational mission of the university through a variety of activities devoted to prevention, intervention, and consultation. Serving a diverse student body 8,000+ undergraduate and graduate students, H&W is committed to providing excellent care and prevention efforts in a safe and welcoming environment which is inclusive and culturally informed. We bring energy, expertise and a collaborative approach to the provision of health care and brief counseling and psychiatric services. In addition, we are active on campus doing training, outreach and liaison work on a number of key health and mental health issues important to a college population.
This division has responsibility for health compliance, state and federal health requirements, health insurance, HIPAA and other privacy concerns, and risk management.
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid role with the expectation that it will predominantly be in person during the academic semesters, with possibility of additional remote flexibility during summer and winter breaks.
Under minimal supervision, the Administrative Assistant provides advanced administrative support and communications for the department. Employee will handle complex and confidential situations and requests and serve in a highly visible capacity as resource for department with students, staff, faculty and other constituents. Employee will oversee daily operation of business office, evaluating the physical and technological needs of Health Service and providing solutions. Produces and drafts reports and other complex documents and materials, including proofreading and editing, designing layout and graphics for brochures and presentations. Will plan and coordinate meetings and special events, including contacting speakers, designing promotional material and coordinating support for speakers and presenters. May also coordinate programs and/or projects for department.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a high school diploma/GED and 5+ years of administrative experience OR a Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including word processing, calendar management, editing and graphics functions, spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- Bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use communication platforms including but not limited to, Zoom, Google meet, Teams, etc.
- Ability to work independent and in the grey zone, prioritize and multi-task with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Prior healthcare or higher ed experience.
- Familiar with scheduling appointments in an EMR.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.