Department of Immunology maintains research programs that focus on translational and basic research in areas relevant to human disease. Our goal is to become a world-class center for the study of inflammation and the targeted development of novel therapeutics for both treatment and prevention of immune-mediated diseases. We are located in Boston on the Health Sciences Campus of Tufts University.
What You'll Do
This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
Under the close supervision of the Principal Investigator, Paola Massari, the Research Technician responsibilities include:
- Conduct routine experiments following established immunological procedures and protocols to achieve results
- Perform techniques such as routine immune assays, tissue culture, PCR, immunohistochemistry, gel electrophoresis, protein purification and others
- Record test results, analyze data using basic statistics, new bioinformatics tools
- Maintain laboratory equipment and order inventory of supplies
- Monitor animal colonies and perform husbandry, collect samples and maintain records
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired by a Bachelor’s degree in science with up to one year of relevant laboratory experience
- Familiarity with basic laboratory techniques and procedures
- Good organizational skills and communication skills
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.