Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Facilities Maintenance II - Construction
Utah Valley University
Facilities Maintenance II - Construction
Salary: $37,879.00 - $47,348.00 Annually
Job Type: FT Nonexempt Salaried Staff
Job Number: FY2300438
Closing: 2/20/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
Location: 800 W University Parkway, Orem
The Facilities Maintenance II - Construction will support the University in maintaining a safe and effective learning and work environment for students, faculty and staff by maintaining, repairing, and sustaining the aesthetic and structural qualities of UVU facilities. Perform routine to moderately complex tasks such as framing, drywall repairs and installation, ceiling repairs and installation, carpentry, masonry, painting and surface preparation, and cabinetry. Performs light tasks such as hanging white boards, pictures, and other building furnishings and accessories
Summary of Responsibilities
- Performs duties associated with a variety of new construction and remodeling, including insulation, cabinets, shelves, wood or metal frame walls, suspended ceilings, roofing, masonry, concrete work, etc. Read blueprints, plan and prepare new construction jobs, mechanical drafting for pattern development, fabricating components, assembling components and installing components.
- Performs fabrication services such as building and installing cabinets, counter-tops, furniture, etc. Builds and works with ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including plate and structural steel sections, to produce or repair component parts for buildings, towers, platforms, steel stairs and handrails or other assemblies and structures made from steel.
- Operate power equipment such as saws, jointers, lathes, sanders, planers, boring and mortising machines, welders; clean, sharpen, maintain, and repair such equipment.
- Maintains, repairs, and installs a variety of items on campus, including, but not limited to: cabinetry, walls, ceilings, floors, windows, roofs, doors, partitions, stairways, concrete, masonry, etc.
- Performs finish work including trimming, fitting, and installing windows and doors, paneling, attaching hinges and catches, laying laminate and ceramic tile counters, etc.
- Assists in monitoring, ordering, and maintaining inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Assists in work in other areas of building maintenance, including hanging white boards and glass boards, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduated with a standard high school or the equivalent plus one to three years of experience related to key roles and responsibilities.
- Must have Drivers License.
- Graduation with a standard high school diploma or the equivalent AND 3-5 year(s) experience related to key roles and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Knowledge of construction specialties and building maintenance applications as well as all applicable trades, codes, and standard trade practices.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and material common to the shop trade.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and services ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, codes, methods, and techniques in area of specialty.
- Skilled in carpentry, HVAC installation, plumbing installation, framing, sheet rocking, painting, masonry, welding, etc.
- Skilled at estimating time and material requirements for projects.
- Skilled in the repair, maintenance, and construction techniques common to the carpentry trade.
- Skilled in use of various hand and power tools common to trade.
- Basic computer skills.
- Skilled at troubleshooting problems.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to monitor and maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to assess operational requirements and to plan and organize work flow patterns and schedules.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to read specifications from blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to build to specifications from blueprints and schematic drawings.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/3881890/facilities-maintenance-ii-construction
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!