Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Inventory Control and Fixed Asset Manager
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Division of Student Life’s Finance team is accepting applications for the Inventory Control and Fixed Asset Manager position. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and will be a subject matter expert in the field of inventory control and fixed asset management. They will have inventory control systems and fixed asset management experience and demonstrated proficiency with wall to wall and/or cycle counts.
In this role, your responsibilities include:
- Implement and maintain a system of inventory control and fixed asset management.
- Lead the department in the management of its existing and incoming materials, assets, and supplies as well as disposal
- Ensure adherence to policy, procedures, accuracy in accounting, reporting and best practice.
The Student Life Finance team is dedicated to service excellence, operational efficiency, compliance and fostering a collaborative and transparent approach to conducting university business in a manner that stewards resources judiciously and effectively. The Student Life Finance team is responsible for all facets of business operations including financial planning, reporting, forecasting, analysis, revenue, procurement, travel, asset management, creation and maintenance of policies and procedures, compliance and training.
Working at UB offers world-class benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards such as health and retirement plans, training opportunities and access to recreational resources. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. We focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal life, and academic pursuits to support work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in business information systems.
- Experience with the development of processes and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, MIS or related field.
- Three years’ experience in manufacturing or related field; proficiency utilizing work order systems, ERP (enterprise resource planning) and MRP (materials requirement planning) systems is highly desired.
- Proven track record and experience in making informed decisions to set all inventory policies that include, but are not limited to the reorder levels, safety stock levels, EOQ (economic order quantity) unit of measure, cost, min/max levels, lead times, locations, and obsolescence and vendor information.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |