The Career Design Center
invites applicants that have experience using technology platforms to help students engage in designing their career and life after college. As an Instructional Support Technician
, you are joining a team that is committed to working collaboratively and believes that careers are not linear and that resilience, adaptability and openness are critical to life and career success.
Your responsibilities include:
- Technology integration and workflow
- Adoption and engagement of 13+ technology platforms
- Troubleshoot and resolve support issues
- Design and deliver training resources
As an Instructional Support Technician, you’ll have the opportunity to help students, alumni, employers and faculty/staff get the most from an ever-growing campus-wide career education technology stack. You must be self-motivated and have a passion for the impact technology has on equity and inclusion, as well as scaling career education. You are tech savvy with demonstrated experience working with data, spreadsheets, and educational technology platforms. You are highly technical, curious, innovative, detail-oriented, and analytical as well as possess superior project management skills.
The university seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Buffalo, to maintain the excellence of the university and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About the Career Design Center
Career Design Center supports all undergraduate and graduate students in imagining and designing meaningful lives and careers through early discovery, ongoing exploration and future-focused skill development. With the mission of challenging students to see possibilities and seek opportunities in preparation for life after college, students gain access to Career Communities that include faculty/staff, employer and alumni collaborators providing connections, resources and guidance leading to expanded opportunities.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Educational Technology, User Experience, Information Science, Computer Science, Business Programming IT, or closely related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience or a Master’s degree.
- Experience providing technical support and troubleshooting digital technologies.
- Excellent presentation and instructional skills in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects of technical nature.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a department and with external partners.
- Understanding of ADA Compliance and WCAG accessibility standards within the online learning environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and strong written/verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with user experience and educational technology.
- Working experience with or willingness to use statistical software.
- Knowledge of data warehousing techniques, data gathering, cleaning and data visualization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite.
- Experience in an educational environment or in software as a service (SaaS).