Reporting directly to the Vice President/Associate Provost for Inclusion and Diversity, this position supports the overall mission and vision of the Office of Inclusion and Diversity by providing direct support to institution-wide programming efforts, diversity action planning, strategic initiatives, assessment at the unit level and overall unit-wide operations and functionality.
1. Operationally facilitates and ensures cohesion among the programs and sub-units facilitating a unified, coordinated approach to inclusion and diversity work across the department.
2. Coordinates, guides, influences, monitors, and appropriately participates with institutional unit- based (academic and administrative units) diversity and inclusion efforts and programs through the Office of Inclusion and Diversity. Consults with units as needed regarding major diversity and inclusion related projects and initiatives.
3. Advances priorities unifying work at a high-level through the department, managing and monitoring operations, directing projects, work quality, and delivery as a key Inclusion and Diversity leadership team member.
4. Consults with academic programs and administrative units on DEI-related strategic goals and climate ensuring that outcomes, metrics and strategies are aligned with both institutional and national standards.
5. Offers consultative and advisory support to academic degree programs for DEI-related curricular assessment.
6. Manages the internal assessment protocols for unit-wide programs and initiatives ensuring a comprehensive qualitative and quantitative approach to internal assessment measures.
7. Develops and recommends strategy and implementation process for unit based strategic planning on behalf of upper management.
8. Establishes protocol and supervises the department’s research, assessment professionals, and consulting staff in the collaborative development of diversity and inclusion metrics and action plans to drive institutional outcomes that are specific to values commitment and educational excellence at Auburn University.
9.Enhances existing and developing diversity recognition, celebration, and awards programs to acknowledge progress, success, and excellence.
10. Develops quarterly and annual reports, and other research studies as tasked.
11. Completes other job-related tasks as assigned.