Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Director of Student Accounts
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Bursar / Director of Student Accounts (Director), the Assistant Director, Student Accounts (Assistant Director) is a critical member of the Student Financial Services (SFS) team. This position provides direct supervision for the Client Service Representatives who are the initial, front-line contact for students, parents, University personnel, and other involved parties concerning financial aid or student account inquiries. The Assistant Director serves as an advocate and advisor informing students of their rights and responsibilities regarding their financial obligations to the University. This role also will ensure the effectiveness of all front desk operations, including staffing for the front-desk area, SFS main phone line and SFS email inbox. In addition, the Assistant Director will assist the Director with all department operations and collaborates with other University Offices, including Registrar, Residence Life and Student Life, to ensure an inclusive and client oriented and student-centered environment.
- Support the Director in all responsibilities related to front desk operations for SFS, including direct supervision of three Client Service Representatives;
- Oversee certain areas of front desk operations including but not limited to: the SFS main phone line, SFS email inbox, missing information letters, financial aid award letters, and tracking of student account or financial aid documents;
- Provide customer service to students and parents regarding the details of their student account or financial aid status by communicating via phone, email, fax or mail;
- Manage the process of maintaining a consistent monthly billing schedule for all programs at the University (on campus and online), including the batch assessment of all holds and late fees in accordance with University policy;
- Ensure all e-statements are posted accurately into TouchNet and that corresponding email notifications are up to date with appropriate links;
- Provide quality assurance pertaining to student billing, including generating bill files to ensure that all tuition and fees are charged accurately in accordance with the assigned student type and academic program;
- Provide oversight of the employee and dependent tuition remission program, in coordination with Human Resources;
- Ensure that all forms are applied correctly to students' accounts;
- Provide reports to payroll when necessary for payroll W2 reporting;
- Assist the Director with ensuring all TouchNet set up and implementation are complete prior to applying charges to each term;
- Serve as primary administrator of the University's tuition payment plan with our vendor TouchNet, which serves nearly 10% of the University student population. Ensures that plans payments are accurately applied to student accounts in accordance with University policy;
- Serve as the backup liaison between Simmons University and University Health Plans (UHP) in the administration of the Massachusetts State Law mandated Accident & Sickness Insurance Program, maintaining accurate records of program waivers and enrollments, adjusting student accounts accordingly, communicating medical insurance procedures and deadlines to students and working with UHP to resolve discrepancies and assess appropriate charges for pro-rated enrollments;
- Assist the Director with new University initiatives, including but not limited to: 2U tuition deferral program, Workday Student implementation, and TouchNet Bill&Payment service expansion.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum three years work experience in a student financial services office;
- Prior supervisory experience preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with students and colleagues, in a professional manner, is essential to this position;
- Experience with TouchNet, Workday and Ellucian's Colleague is preferred but not required;
- Demonstrated ability to clearly interpret, apply and convey rules, regulations, policies and procedures while maintaining a high level of professional courtesy;
- Experience providing excellent customer service to a diverse constituency while maintaining successful performance in a high-volume, fast pace, and confidential service environment;
- Ability to maintain student confidentiality in accordance with FERPA regulations;
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to use sound judgment for decision-making;
- Team and service-oriented and able to effectively manage time;
- Ability to work and/or travel some nights, weekends, and/or other times during peak season.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Director-of-Student-Accounts_R06618
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |