Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Temporary Administrative Assistant
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Temporary Administrative Assistant
Biology & Biotechnology Department-JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The primary role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the BBT graduate and research programs. This involves working with the BBT Graduate Coordinator and Graduate Committee on graduate program activities such as, admissions, scheduling interviews, teaching assistant appointments and evaluations, arranging and tracking thesis and graduate program committee meetings, coordinating BBT weekly seminars including itinerary and travel arrangements for speakers, helping coordinate the Dean of Arts and Science's annual Next in Bio symposium, assist Graduate coordinator with updates to course scheduling, catalog descriptions and web content, and processing research related appointments for graduate & undergraduate students, research assistants, work-study students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Point of contact for BBT graduate program, scheduling /tracking committee mtgs, progress reports, TA evaluations qualifying exams, thesis defenses, processing and tracking appointments, record keeping.
- Assist in planning and orchestrating events such as thesis defenses, orientations/recruiting events, graduations, and poster sessions, summer research appointments, symposiums and workshops, receptions, etc.
- Provide administrative support including TA, RA, and Postdoctoral appointments, coordinating seminar speaker visits, travel, itinerary and announcements, photo copying, and faxing.
- Archive and maintain relevant information digitally including graduate student records, templates for announcements, contracts, correspondence, and other materials.
- Collaborate with Graduate Admissions Office and BBT faculty to schedule prospective student visits for Graduate program.
- Assist Grad coordinator with graduate catalog updates, course/room scheduling liaison with Cathy Battelle
- Assist with the development of processes, procedures, materials, and webpages associated with the development and promotion of the Graduate Program. Assist in updating and maintaining web site content.
- Receive and work with students, visitors, and faculty to make them feel welcome and to meet their needs.
- Design and disseminate announcements for internal and external events related to the graduate program.
- Update digital presence on WPI online news and program bulletin boards and associated social media.
- Serve as liaison for departmental faculty and students with LSBC operations regarding Facilities issues.
- Keep up with email workflow responding promptly to contacts which may include prospective and current students.
- Serve as front person for LSBC 4th floor to help direct visitors, maintain office space and related public areas.
- Sort incoming mail
- Collaborate with Administrative Assistant VI and Undergraduate Administrative Assistant on other Departmental activities, daily operations, and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of office or administrative experience. B.A. or B.S. in business management, accounting, or personnel management preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and other office productivity software tools.
- Interest in continuous learning of new skills to excel at the position and flexibility to work in a team to get the job done
- Strong customer service and interpersonal and communication skills to work with other staff, faculty, students, co-workers, visitors and parents.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Temporary-Administrative-Assistant-in-Biology---Biotechnology_R0000774
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |