Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations, the Stewardship Specialist is an integral part of implementing and administering a comprehensive, centralized program that is designed to ensure that donors are properly stewarded and informed in all aspects of donor relations including gift agreements, engagement, recognition, and reporting on the use and impact of their annual and endowed funds. Donor Relations cultivates long-term loyalty and commitment of donors while ensuring Auburn fulfills its fiduciary and stewardship responsibilities to donors. The Stewardship Specialist will execute the reporting function of the donor relations process.
1. Creates comprehensive university-wide stewardship reports for major donors. Produces best-in-class centralized comprehensive impact reports to provide fiduciary and stewardship accountability for all funds through the aggregation of complex, sensitive, and confidential data from multiple sources (Financial Aid, University Scholarships, Endowment Management, faculty, staff, and students) to disseminate the data in a precise and orderly manner.
2. May conceptualize, implement, and administer integrated and comprehensive donor relations activities in support of efforts to cultivate long-term loyalty of donors through reporting and stewardship activities. Demonstrates due accountability, gratitude, recognition, and responsiveness to Auburn’s donors.
3. Serves as a liaison for the Office of Development to the Endowment Investment Office, Development Accounting, University Scholarships, Financial Aid, Business Office, Office of the President, and Office of the Executive Vice President for reporting.
4. May conduct training with development staff and other partners to educate and ensure proper stewardship and spending practices avoid risk-management issues.
5. Conducts annual analysis of processes and documents related to reporting.
6. Works closely with team leaders to organize and review data to facilitate decision-making in support of engagement and stewardship strategies. Identifies and implements best practices to ensure that reporting documents and processes are in keeping with national standards and meet donor expectations.
7. Ensures stewardship requirements are accurately recorded in the database utilized by the Office of Development and others. Performs periodic audit of Development recordkeeping as pertains to stewardship and works will appropriate units to reconcile any inaccuracies.