Assistant Controller II
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for cash receipt processes, inquiries, and cashiering functions of the University. Posting to Workday Finance System daily for cash receipts and journal entries. Provide support to Sr. Treasury Analyst and Bursar's Office.
- Receive campus wide cash receipts for non-student transactions.
- Responsible for collection, reconciliation and deposit of cash at campus cash tower
- Reconcile daily cash receipts by verifying cash, checks, credit card payments
- Prepare and process daily bank deposits in Workday and Banking system
- Provide support to Senior Treasury Analyst, including back-up for daily banking responsibilities
- Post cash receipts and journal entries to Workday Finance System
- Process check printing and disbursement for Accounts Payable
- Process daily payments received by the University for all accounts receivable invoices and miscellaneous billings, for non-student accounts
- Reconcile and prepare daily entry for all online credit card receipts; assist community with credit card refunds for online transactions
- Maintain voided and stopped checks in both Workday and Banking systems
- Assist the Bursar's Office during peak times; providing excellent customer service and assisting with payment processing
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- High School diploma and additional related coursework and/or previous work related experience
- Knowledge of banking and cash handling principles
- Proficient in MS Office Excel & Word
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with an integrated database systems preferred (knowledge of Workday and Banking systems helpful)
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
To apply please include a cover letter and resume.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 including booster shot. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Cashier_R0001614
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.