Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Information Systems Analyst 3 (7309U) - 35223
University of California, Berkeley
Information Systems Analyst 3 (7309U) - 35223
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Capital Strategies is part of the Administrative Division and includes real estate professionals, architects, planners, engineers, construction managers, and administrative specialists, working together to serve the campus community.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 05/17/2022.
System and Security Administration:
Application Programing and Database Administration:
- Manages systems and services for the Capital Strategies department comprising multiple, integrated systems. Manages and performs asset management including computer lifecycle replacement that includes computer software and hardware upgrades for a better client experience and decommissioning. Performs moderately complex analysis to acquire, install, modify and support operating systems, software, databases, utilities, and/or tools. Applies and manages complex security configurations. Manage department network storage (NAS) and assign shared folder permissions. Manage Active Directory Capital strategies group container. Manage Cisco firewall objects and policies. Additional System Administrator duties as needed that could include implementing and supporting new servers and network devices. Ensure that services the Unit uses, including those managed by Service Providers or Suppliers, meet all applicable security-related requirements.
IT Project Management and Implementation:
- Designs, develops, modifies, debugs, deploys, and evaluates complex software and scripts. Performs complex data analysis and analyzes the design and use of complex data sources. Monitors and employs source code control techniques and configuration management. Performs complex testing of software to ensure proper operation and conformance to test plans. Implements release management. Provide day-to-day application administration, support, and troubleshooting for Oracle Primavera Unifier. Provide workflow and integration support for Oracle Primavera Unifier with Berkeley Financial system. Provide support to Project intake Microsoft Flow API. Modify or develop business processes, forms, and workflows using Oracle uDesigner. Assign and modify user roles and permissions in Oracle Primavera Unifier. Modify or develop data view with SQL script, reports, and dashboards for Oracle Primavera Unifier. Provide system training and overview to users when new system upgrades occur. Analyzes and tests system upgrades to validate requirements.
Desktop Software, Hardware & Audio-Visual Support:
- Identifies, evaluates, and develops complex systems, processes and procedures. Creates complex specifications for systems to meet end-user requirements. Develops complex user interface designs. Gathers, analyzes, prepares, and summarizes business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system and process logic issues as necessary. Documents complex software and processes. Creates project plans. Writes supporting documentation and implements appropriate production procedures. Provides consulting services to administrative users, and acts as a resource for supported software. Makes recommendations that help ensure the necessary resources are in place to protect the Unit's Information and IT Resources. Implements new projects that support the department within timelines and resource constraints. Other project support as needed. For example, the computer needs assessment, business continuity planning, possible audio/visual upgrades to departmental space, etc. Understands and applies industry practices, community standards, and department/unit policies and procedures relating to work assignments. May serve as technical lead for a project of moderate scope. Trains users. Negotiates project plans with stakeholders.
- Troubleshoots and resolves the most complex issues. Designs and coordinates workflow of support requests, setting priorities and tracking resolution. Ensures compliance with and provides input to service level agreements. Audio Visual Conference Room - Troubleshoots devices; Works with campus partners and contractors to obtain quotes for proposed facility refreshes; Oversees contracted work. Additional work outside of IT Client Services scope that includes supporting computers. Applies professional and broadly defined data /information administration and data use concepts to manage and perform complex assignments. Independently analyzes complex information requirements and documents them using formal data definition techniques and naming standards. Performs complex data management or resource research and studies for a variety of constituents and plans metadata acquisition for sets of unstructured data objects. Applies advanced concepts in working on moderately complex to complex projects, including the management of structured and unstructured content. Initiates, designs and communicates with senior level personnel regarding database administration studies, summary reports and background material including approaches, trends, and sources. Resolves procedural and technical issues in the context of department policies and procedures. Interacts with teams of advanced IT professionals as a proactive member. Provides application consulting for database performance and design. Understands and applies industry practices, community standards and department/unit policies and procedures relating to work assignments. May serve as technical lead for a project of moderate scope. Trains users. Negotiates project plans with stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of various areas of IT. A solid background in IT and Application Administration along with Oracle database concepts and SQL programming. Ability to manage complex problems and to work well under pressure. The ability to work effectively as a project team member. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation. Basic knowledge of secure software development. Demonstrated ability to create software specifications. Demonstrated ability to install software and troubleshoot and repair moderately complex problems with computing devices, peripherals and software. Understanding of and experience troubleshooting client, server and peripherals-related issues and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance. Experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination and analysis. Thorough knowledge of business and process analysis functions. Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs. Demonstrated experience with database administration. Working knowledge of database management systems and standards. Knowledge relating to database system design. Advanced database querying and modeling skills working with moderately complex databases. Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner. Advanced knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software. Demonstrated skill at administering moderately complex security controls and configurations to computer hardware, software and networks. Works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated problem-solving skills. Ability to learn effectively and meet deadlines. Demonstrated testing and test planning skills-working knowledge of Oracle Primavera Unifier system. Working knowledge of Microsoft Flow, JSON, and REST. Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of how system management actions affect other systems, system users and dependent/related functions. Interpersonal skills sufficient to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Working knowledge of Primavera Unifier application. Familiarity with data quality and governance issues and requirements. Familiarity with logical data design and data mapping or data conversion.
Salary & Benefits
This is a 100% full-time (40 hrs a week) exempt career position, which is paid monthly and eligible for full UC Benefits. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Referral Source info
This job is part of the Employee Referral Program. If a UC Berkeley employee is referring you, please ensure you select the Referral Source
of "UCB Employee
" and then enter the employee's Name
and Berkeley email
address in the Specific Referral Source
field. Please enter only one name and email.
This is a remote-friendly position, eligible for 100% remote capability.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=35223&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |