Project Policy Analyst 2 (7397U), SHARE Service Region, Berkeley Regional Services - 1752 - 1752
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 9, 2019
Berkeley Regional Services (BRS) is comprised of six (6) Regions which provide services to specific "groupings/clusters" of schools, colleges, and organized research units (5 academic, 1 all other). This regional approach to providing administrative services is intended to improve service quality by re-establishing personal connections and to develop more local expertise.
Social Sciences, Arts & Humanities, UndergrAduate Studies, Organized Research Units Region (SHARE) - is part of Berkeley Regional Services, within the division of the Vice Chancellor for Administration. Our mission at SHARE is simple. We aim to provide the Human Resources, Research Administration, Purchasing & Reimbursement services that departments and ORUs in our region require - in a timely and efficient manner, with minimal hand-offs and a culture of collaborative improvement.
We will work hard to establish relationships with you as well as processes and services that will create a productive environment in support of the university's mission of excellence in teaching and research.
- Gathers and assembles analytical data from various data sources for HR, RA, Purchasing and our Region's financial reporting.
- Gathers and assembles analytical and factual data on assigned problems and issues to prepare reports and/or analyses summarizing information on the assigned issues and commenting on other significance for internal department constituents.
- Gathers key stakeholders on campus and within our organization to resolve issues, support training, clarifying processes, policies and collecting feedback. Prepares, edits and modifies documents including research reports, manuscripts, presentations and proposals.
- Works with leadership to identify training needs, documents training plans for various positions, assists with coordinating training for new staff as well as systems access and ensures new staff have all necessary equipment to perform their job.
- On a project basis, performs analytical studies on a variety of policies, programs and issues.
- Documents processes with links to policies and forms in one central repository to be used as training documentation.
- Updates website and internal contact lists to ensure information is timely up to date and accurate.
- Executes on special or continuous research and data analysis responsibilities, projects needed by leadership and tracks their progress with status updates.
- Organizes events and meetings, coordinates campus parties and manages vendors and payments to vendors.
- Working knowledge of common campus-specific and other computer application programs i.e. MS Office, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets and ProMapp.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Solid ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes and handle fluctuation in priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Working skills to analyze information and synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, detailed oriented, sense of responsibilities and use of discretion.
- Task management.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is a non-exempt, hourly paid position. Hourly salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $26.35 - $28.34.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a full-time, 40-hours per week, temporary (contract) position with an expected end date of October 31, 2020.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1752&PostingSeq=1