Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Manager, Accounts Payable
Austin Community College District
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Manager, Accounts Payable
Job Description Summary:
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Manager ensures the College maintains accurate and complete records regarding payments to vendors, lenders, and employees, processes disbursements, and hires, trains, and supports A/P staff members. The position reports to the Director, Procure to Pay (P2P) and serves as a liaison between the A/P team and internal and external business partners.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Hires, trains, coaches, supervises, motivates, leads, coordinates, and evaluates personnel while adhering to institutional human resource policies and procedures and related employment laws.
- Recommends progressive discipline and termination personnel actions for positions supervised to achieve excellent service delivery standards to meet the College's needs.
- Schedules and prioritizes work assignments to ensure they are completed accurately and on time to maintain uninterrupted service throughout the year.
- Must understand the intricacies of accounts payable, procurement, receiving and the general ledger.
- Daily management of all aspects of accounts payable, including, but not limited to, managing invoice workflow processes for approvals, timeliness, and accuracy, supplier record maintenance, coding of invoices to the spend categories (G/L), expense report processing, generating settlement runs and ad hoc payments, monitoring of A/P aging to maximize discounts and avoid late charges, monthly and year-end close.
- Researches payment delays for business partners and provides a timely resolution.
- Possesses the aptitude and willingness to develop and enforce scalable accounts payable procedures.
- Proactively implements innovative process improvements that eliminate redundancy and optimize operational efficiencies.
- Assists the Director, Procure to Pay (P2P), with evaluating, recommending, and administering policies, procedures, programs and projects in the accounts payable area.
- Assists with the testing and implementing of new software systems or upgrades to existing software. Compiles, analyses, and reports financial data to management and government agencies.
- Establishes, facilitates, and monitors performance and reporting metrics for the accounts payable department to meet its objectives.
- Enforces the College’s policies and procedures with vendors, employees, students, and other business partners while adhering to internal controls.
- Manages month and year-end closing of accounts payable; provides support for the month and year-end accruals and related entries, completes account reconciliations ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for the form(s) 1099 and 1042 maintenance and annual reporting processes. Participates in Procure to Pay (P2P) and Business Services special projects and meetings.
- Develops and conducts specific training on topics in need of review.
- Promotes interdepartmental relations by serving as a liaison for communications between the Business Services Office and business partners.
- Assists in coordinating and gathering documents to support internal and external auditors prepared by client (PBC) requests.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and practices.
- Supervisory and management principles, practices and methods.
- Accounts payable, banking, and settlement processes and procedures.
- Automated financial systems.
- Financial reports and annual auditing processes.
- Maintains an established work schedule.
- Possesses outstanding customer service skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Must possesss a strong work ethic.
- Effectively uses organizational and planning skills with the ability to pay attention to detail and follow-through.
- Conducts accounting reviews and completes account reconciliations.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of subordinate personnel.
- Maintains the confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishes and nurtures professional working relationships.
- Accepts, receives, and collects payments.
- Effectively handles stressful periods of peak activity.
- Possesses impeccable personal integrity and business ethics.
- Ability to identify, update, and implement any policies and processes that need improvement.
- Develops a rapport with business partners while simultaneously adhering to protocols and guidelines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Three years of related work experience, including two years in a managerial or supervisory role.
Preferred Work Experience
- Four or more years of related work experience, including at least two years in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
- Supervise safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
$55,353 - $79,075
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 8, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |