Media Services Supervisor (7344U), Berkeley Law - 27268 - 1246
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 26, 2019
Berkeley Law is one of the nation's premier law schools, located at one of the world's great universities, in one of the most vibrant places on the planet. As one of 14 schools and colleges at the University of California, Berkeley, it is consistently ranked as one of the top law schools in the nation.
The law school has produced leaders in law, government, and society, including Chief Justice of the United States Earl Warren, Secretary of State of the United States Dean Rusk, American civil rights activist Pauli Murray, California Supreme Court Justice Cruz Reynoso, president and founder of the Equal Justice Society Eva Paterson, United States Northern District of California Judge Thelton Henderson, and Attorney General of the United States Edwin Meese.
Supervision of the Media Services Team at Berkeley Law:
- Directly supervises audio visual (AV) and classroom production services in support of Berkeley Law and academic objectives.
- Directly supervises the work of department, including technical staff specialists, outside contractors providing technical support and media production services.
- Ensures team standards set by management for quality and quantity of work are met.
- Selects and assigns department staff and student workers to specific tasks on a daily basis, making all daily scheduling assignments for the unit.
- Supervises technical staff who perform video production or post-production processes, classroom A/V, special event activities and instructional technology support.
- Assists with hiring and training of staff and student workers.
- Participates in the selection, development, and evaluation of staff.
- Analyzes usage trends and user needs and advises on appropriate staffing requirements.
- Analyzes AV-IT activities, units and functions; develops proposals affecting the ability of the unit to meet performance goals.
Scheduling and Customer Service:
- Primary contact for faculty and staff seeking media services support.
- Consults with faculty/staff on AV and instructional technology needs.
- Creates and monitors daily schedules based on these consultations.
- Responsible for the business processes and workflows of the media team.
- Manages and improves processes involved in client consultation, scheduling, and executing support
- Supervises the maintenance and upkeep of AV equipment inventory.
- Collaborates with Manager of Instructional Technology and AVIT Engineer to provide guidance and input for classroom AV maintenance and upgrades.
- Implements and enforces security policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant technology and methods of operations.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and office management.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong organizational and program management skills.
- Experience managing, scheduling and coordinating technical event support preferred
- Experience working with faculty and staff in an academic environment preferred
- Experience as a team lead for a media technology group preferred
- Knowledge of intellectual property (IP) restrictions to ensure media meets IP requirements.
- Advanced skills in leading all levels of event set up, operation, troubleshooting, and technical direction.
- Strong assessment and planning skills to quickly identify business needs and determine appropriate systems to meet those needs.
- Advanced skills to develop technical solutions to meet complex user requirements.
- Advanced skills to determine staffing and scheduling priorities.
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent customer service and consultative skills to identify and implement required technology solutions.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $75,600.00 - $80,000.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1246&PostingSeq=1