Manager, International Enrollment Systems and Technology
Full Salary Range:
$97,607.89- $137,344.10 annually*
*Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience (Customary Hiring Range
: $97,607.89 - $107,612.70 annually). In addition, candidates with verified educational units beyond the minimum qualification may qualify for additional pay, up to $564 per contract month.
Initial Review Date: 7/26/21**
**Any complete applications received after the review date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the management
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
Foothill - De Anza Community College District, composed of two colleges and an education center, is one of the top performing districts in both California and the United States, and one of the largest, ranking seventh in size among the state's 72 districts, serving more than 58,500 students per year and with an operating budget of $180M unrestricted general fund. Consistent with its mission, the District has a strong commitment to equity and inclusion and incorporates those values in its policies, procedures, and operations, and in its leadership and service to students and the community. Publicly supported and locally oriented, the District fills an essential role in workforce development, continuing education, and skills preparation to meet the changing demands of the highly diverse surrounding population and business communities. The District's students and more than 2,000 faculty and staff enjoy an unparalleled quality of life in an ideal climate, with physically pristine and fiscally sound campuses that have earned their reputation for academic excellence.
Foothill - De Anza Community College District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is student success. We are driven by an equity agenda and guided by core values of excellence, inclusion, and sustainability. Every member of our district contributes to a dynamic learning environment that fosters student engagement, equal opportunity, and innovation in meeting the various educational and career goals of our diverse students. We are committed to providing an accessible, quality undergraduate education dedicated to developing a broadly educated and socially responsible community that supports an equitable and just future for California.
Reporting to the Executive Director of International Student Programs (ISP), this position is responsible for managing and optimizing the ISP recruitment, admissions, and immigration management technology systems. As the primary administrator for the CRM (Slate) and immigration system (Sunapsis), this position works in close partnership with the Executive Director and other ISP administrators and leadership team members to develop technological solutions to improve our processes and make data informed decisions. This position will guide our team to fully utilize our technology systems to improve efficiency and customer service in our application process, deploy a strategic communication plan, and make data informed recruitment decisions, with the overarching goal of increasing international student enrollment.
NATURE and SCOPE
This position is responsible for the overall project management, administration, and deployment of information technology systems related to international recruitment, admissions, and immigration.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are typical but not limited to the following:
- Oversee the utilization of information technology systems supporting International Student Programs. Maintain applicant and staff portals. Coordinate system customization and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with ISP leadership to manage, refine and optimize workflows; develop process improvements and make recommendations to leverage the return on technological capabilities.
- Provide ongoing systems training and technical support to functional users of relevant information technology systems. Act as technical liaison to other departments on campus.
- Partner with Educational Technology Services (ETS) to ensure proper integrations between vendor systems and other campus systems, and on system maintenance, enhancements, and configurations necessary to ensure reliable business workflow.
- Create and monitor data files transferred between the District's information system and ISP systems; Monitor the accuracy of data across information systems and collaborate with district partners to resolve data discrepancies.
- Research and analyze data for strategic enrollment planning/management and student immigration support; prepare reports as necessary.
- Develop long-term ISP technology strategy and project planning in collaboration with the Executive Director.
Immigration Records Management System
- Oversee and manage immigration records management database system.
- Coordinate with immigration advisors to ensure the system is used for proper SEVIS reporting.
- Set up reports and coordinate with ISP staff to ensure data are reconciled.
Customer Relationship Management System
- Manage and oversee the CRM (Slate) throughout the entire admission cycle, including applicant and staff portals, reports and documentation, and user/staff training and support.
- Oversee and manage use of analytics to track student prospect behavior; compile prospect data and reports for analysis.
- Work closely with the Director of International Recruitment and Marketing on the deployment of a CRM communication strategy. Coordinate with ISP Directors and Admissions Staff to shepherd strategic digital communications, marketing, and admission support materials throughout their conception, development, review, and distribution lifecycle.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant software programs and applications
- International students, international admissions, and/or SEVIS
Education and Experience:
- Quantitative, analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Project and process management skills
- Solution-oriented; meets problems and challenges with resourcefulness
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, social science, international relations administration or a related field.
- Five (5) years of related work experience.
- One (1) year experience in data extract and query analysis using a tool such as SQL.
- Experience working in international recruitment, admissions, or immigration advising
- Experience working with Banner, Slate, Sunapsis or similar programs
- Intermediate proficiency in SQL
- Intermediate proficiency in data analysis software applications (E.g. STATA, SPSS, SAS)
- Typical office environment; subject to travel to conduct work.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone and make presentations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Sitting for extending periods of time.
- Bending at the waist.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
For full-consideration, all required application materials must be included in your application packet and must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date. We are unable to accept additional, non-required materials, such as reference letters.
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. You may also visit our Applicant Information to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
. We cannot guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full-Time, Contract, 12-months per year
As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html
. In addition, the District is a participating member of the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) and the successful applicant would be a member of the Administrative Management Association (AMA). The current Administrator Handbook can be found online at: http://www.fhda.edu/ama/2018AdministratorHandbookwithAppendices.pdf
We are happy to assist individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process, provided that you notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/386?c=fhda