Senior Technical Writer
San Diego Community College District
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, research, develop and write grants, contracts, proposals and reports in accordance with specific instructions and requirements; provide rough draft, revisions and final copy.
REQUISITE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
Knowledge of technical writing procedures and techniques, interviewing techniques and correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary; ability to communicate effectively with staff and project participants and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
Bachelors degree in English, Communications or related field and three years of demonstrated experience in technical writing and/or writing for an educational institution.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and write grants, contracts, proposals and reports.
- Interview subject experts and perform research to become familiar with project.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Provide rough draft, revisions and final copy.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Assist in laying out material for publication.
Valid California drivers license
for the hourly pay rate.
If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.