Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
University of San Francisco
The University of San Francisco's Office of Marketing Communications (OMC) provides centralized marketing and communications services to the USF community and in support of the university overall. We offer creative services ranging from web design to publications to multimedia to media relations, with $300,000 in billable hours per year and close to $1 million in advertising spend. We communicate with varied audiences, including prospective students, alumni, and the business community via our website (usfca.edu), social media channels, alumni magazine, and other outlets.
The University of San Francisco (USF) is searching for an accomplished photographer/videographer to serve in the Office of Marketing Communications. A successful candidate will create a wide range of high-quality visual content for the university's website, social media, magazine, print projects, and other channels. This important role aids the Office of Marketing Communications (OMC) in its commitment to provide internal creative services of effective, compelling, agency-quality marketing communications university-wide.
The Videographer/Photographer/Editor will report to the Multimedia Production Manager under the Creative Director. They will collaborate with all OMC creative colleagues, interact with USF partners as needed and mentor student photography interns.
Full Job Description:
- Be a forward thinker/creative: conceptualize, storyboard, collaborate, coordinate logistics, capture videography, select music tracks and edit video for use on the university's website and social media channels. The successful candidate will be able to perform all duties listed above independently and/or in concert with fellow teammates depending on the assignment's needs.
- Support the multimedia manager in securing locations, appearance releases, scouting and other logistics as needed.
- Serve as the principal source of videography for university marketing materials including the USF websites, mixed media projects, and more.
- Shoot, edit videos, and create motion graphics, animation and other special effects under the direction of the creative director and multimedia production manager.
- Follow creative direction and translate information provided within creative briefs into compelling, authentic videography and photography on behalf of the university.
- Execute a wide variety of videography and photography approaches including but not limited to: lifestyle, news, editorial, conceptional, studio, and special events.
- Understand and implement audio mixing, music mixing and sound effects. Provide color correction for all video content. Execute compression and encoding of video content for online use, Research stock footage and stock photo elements, as needed. Support the multimedia team via conceptualizing, storyboarding, shooting and editing videos, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent video library and uploading finished projects to media channels with captioning.
- Maintaining our video media channels (YouTube, Vimeo) with video, descriptions and titles plus accessibility.
- Staying abreast of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines as it applies to videography and other multimedia assets.
- Effectively post produce videography and photography, support the edits of contracted photographers and videographers, and student intern photography/videography - as needed - in order to maintain a uniform look-and-feel of all USF visual elements.
- Train and mentor student employees and interns and assure the quality of their work.
- Collaborate with OMC colleagues and university partners including participating in creative concept development and brainstorming for university-wide visual content.
- Advise OMC colleagues on how to best use videography and photography to portray university programs, people and messages.
- Assure the integrity and maintenance of university videography, photography and related equipment.
- Advise OMC managers on acquisition of multimedia equipment, including software.
- Keep abreast of new creative executions, developments, and technology in the multimedia field.
- Understanding and appreciation of USF's Jesuit identity and mission.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to photography, videography, multimedia or marketing.
- A minimum of two years of experience.
- Demonstrated record of producing agency-quality, published visual content via an online portfolio.
- Advanced experience using the Adobe Creative Suite products with emphasis on Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Lightroom, and Photoshop.
- Substantial experience managing multiple projects with tight deadlines. Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and improve procedures with limited supervision.
- Highly-organized with a strong record of working independently, meeting deadlines and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a record of collaboration and teamwork.
- Must be comfortable working and communicating in an academic environment with students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors, and administration.
- Ability to effectively mentor student workers and assure high quality work.
- Evenings and weekends assignments are required as needed.
- Some out of town travel is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated cross-platform multimedia experience in both videography and photography. Experience in shooting and editing video on a SONY A7 rsii camera is a plus.
- This is a physically demanding position. Able to lift 40lbs, stand for long periods of time.
Along with a cover letter and resume, please submit either a PDF portfolio or a link to an online portfolio with a variety of videography finished projects, reels, and sample photos including these styles: portrait, landscape, architectural, lifestyle, news, conceptional, studio, and/or special event photography.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Videographer-Photographer-Editor_R0002711.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |