Provides strategic sourcing analysis and management of current and potential procurement activities of Auburn University.
1. Analyzes purchasing patterns to identify new opportunities for preferred vendor contracts.
2. Assists in the development, evaluation, and presentation of various information, including cost benefit analysis, to AU stakeholders; maintains proactive communications with stakeholders.
3. Fosters and manages relationships between AU and vendors/suppliers.
4. Negotiates pricing, terms, and conditions of agreements.
5. Reviews and approves contracts.
6. Conducts monthly price and comparison audits for existing contracts.
7. Conducts quarterly business reviews with vendors/suppliers.
May be responsible for training, assisting or assigning tasks to others. May provide input to performance reviews of other employees.
The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.