Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
Overview: Assist in the successful completion of New York State AHEC System health workforce development projects via programmatic advocacy and support services.
- Develop Outreach Calendar of activities for the NYS AHEC System Statewide Office
- Facilitate outreach activities (i.e. presentations, community events, job fairs, health fairs, etc.) to promote brand awareness and potential collaboration opportunities for the New York State AHEC System.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with community partners and stakeholders (i.e. state officials and staff members, representatives of appropriate state agencies, and state associations and organizations) regarding New York State AHEC System programs, activities and policy priorities.
- Coordinate federal and state legislative advocacy efforts to ensure continued funding and support for the New York State AHEC System.
- Maintain Legislative updates and roster of constituents for dissemination to the NYS Area Health Education Centers/Regional Offices.
- Support Sr. Program Developer with the creation/generation of NYS AHEC System program promotion one-pagers for legislative advocacy.
- Coordinate all aspects of statewide Advisory Board, Executive Council and project-specific events (e.g. meeting arrangements, developing/drafting communications, managing details at meetings, recording minutes for executive council and advisory board meetings).
- Actively participate and contribute in meetings to promote New York State AHEC System, initiatives and strategic plan.
- Manage all incoming email requests for information and answers primary phone line for the New York State AHEC System Statewide Office.
- Assist with the identification and recommendation of grant opportunities to further support and advance the overall mission, vision and goals of the New York State AHEC System.
- Support Senior Program Developer with the preparation of state and federal reports detailing project accomplishments and barriers.
- Assist Senior Program Developer with updates to the New York State AHEC System website and other digital platforms as needed for content that is reflective of New York State AHEC System’s current priorities and linkages.
- Assist Statewide Office team with other various assigned projects as needed in support of AHEC goals and objectives.
- Compose a wide range of documents to support online platforms including web sites, blog posts, and social media as well as printed materials including newsletters and other communications.
- assist in developing media relations content including press releases and media statements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Education, Communications or Marketing degree, Public Health or related field; in lieu of degree, minimum 4 years related experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including public speaking, public relations and ability to facilitate informational sessions.
- Strong networking and presentation facilitation skills.
- Solid experience with program promotion and advocacy.
- Excellent people skills including an ability to work with all levels of staff including entry level administrative assistants, AHEC Center Directors and large nonprofit Executives.
- Ability to work with a diverse constituency including academic students and faculty, centers and regional offices, community partners, funders and government officials.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Interest in workforce development and health professions education.
- Willingness to take initiative and desire to learn new skills.
- Ability to travel frequently throughout NYS in support of the AHEC System.
- Knowledge or experience in graphic design programs desired
- Strong knowledge and understanding of communication platforms including digital media and social media tools.
- Experience in developing online content across multiple platforms including blogs, web sites, and social media.
- Strong independent performer, works well in fast paced environment, with exceptional focus to detail and follow-through skills for timely task completion.
- Prior experience with events planning and management.
- Prior experience with the development of program promotional correspondence, presentations and information.
- Academic setting experience preferred, not required.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |