This position will share responsibility for the coordination of the weekly meetings of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) function for the Department of Research Compliance Human Research Protection Program. Primary coordination responsibilities include assistance to investigators and their staff with regulatory requirements for the submission of protocols to move forward with the IRB process, as well as coordination of the meetings for Full Committee Review.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-review Initial Studies, continuing review and modification protocol submissions for completeness as well as regulatory requirements; assist investigators with clarification and revision of protocols and additional documents necessary for complete submissions for Full Committee review.
- Prepare weekly agendas, preparation of minutes, and meeting determination correspondence to researchers with follow up of requested revisions.
- Assist IRB Chairman in facilitating meetings, communication with investigators, crafting correspondence.
- Assist IRB Board Members in all facets of review, training, other items as necessary.
- Assign applications to meetings with assignment of primary and secondary reviewers.
- Make room reservations for weekly meetings.
- Order lunches for IRB meetings.
- Maintain IRB Member Roster, as well as schedule dates for monthly, quarterly, and yearly meeting schedules.
- Assist other meeting coordinator as necessary.
- Answer and refer telephone calls.
- Filing and copying as requested
- Proof and edit IRB correspondence.
- Other office duties as requested.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.